Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   Frustration is only the beginning (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/frustration-only-beginning-23487/)

woody.167 03-25-2011 07:20 PM

Frustration is only the beginning

My 07 H3 has been in the shop for a month while the GM dealership plays guessing games on it. This is the list of the things replaced so far that I know of because they have been shady about it.
Left Front Axle
Front Pinion Seal
Manifold
Transfer Case Internals and actual case
Trasmission Pan Seal
U Joints
Cylinder head
Cam shaft timer or something like that
Radiator
differential actuator or something
and some other miner seals and stuff i cant recall
Now they called me today and said they ordered a part for Monday and didnt say what. I have a someone I know who works as a salesman who keeps an eye on it for me who said the the mechanic told him that whoever owns it should trade it in as soon as possible because the cant find whats wrong with it. I have no idea what I should do about this. but they keep giving me a loaner car I cant put any miles on hardly, cant take my dog in, and is a Chevy Cruze. Wtf

woody.167 03-25-2011 07:37 PM

it has 80000 miles and they just got the head done today and once the mechanic drove it the errors came back up saying reduced power and traction failure. Before I gave it to them It was just the manifold and once it go warm after about 15 miles it would start misfiring and then just turn off and not start for about 10 minutes.

triblk6spd 03-25-2011 10:30 PM

Holy crap. Keep us posted.

2wheelmonster 03-26-2011 12:39 AM

Sounds like a sensor or the computer. That's old school diagnosing. Good luck don't let this discourage you

Hooked 03-26-2011 12:51 AM

one good way of looking at it is by the time the mechanic finds it you'll practically have a new Hummer : )

krlemoine 03-26-2011 12:59 PM

:eek: Wow

Originally Posted by woody.167 (Post 246537)
My 07 H3 has been in the shop for a month while the GM dealership plays guessing games on it. This is the list of the things replaced so far that I know of because they have been shady about it.
Left Front Axle
Front Pinion Seal
Manifold
Transfer Case Internals and actual case
Trasmission Pan Seal
U Joints
Cylinder head
Cam shaft timer or something like that
Radiator
differential actuator or something
and some other miner seals and stuff i cant recall
Now they called me today and said they ordered a part for Monday and didnt say what. I have a someone I know who works as a salesman who keeps an eye on it for me who said the the mechanic told him that whoever owns it should trade it in as soon as possible because the cant find whats wrong with it. I have no idea what I should do about this. but they keep giving me a loaner car I cant put any miles on hardly, cant take my dog in, and is a Chevy Cruze. Wtf

atv jr 03-26-2011 06:31 PM

It seems that there are very few real mechanics left these days. We seem to be stuck with "parts changers". :confused:

woody.167 03-30-2011 01:55 PM

I get my hummer back today I'll update tonight with the info

woody.167 03-31-2011 12:38 PM

They replaced the cam shaft actuator and found a blockage in the solenoid. Dam thing died on me twice so far today but it did it this time when I pulled into the driveway it died before I put in park. Atleast its not misfiring anymore.

NIUPonyBoy 04-01-2011 03:07 AM

Damn and I thought my H3 was a pile. :eek: Good luck man.