PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Front suspension question.

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 11:53 AM
Default Front suspension question.

Today while doing some very hard off-roading, a couple of my friends commented that it looks like my front suspension does not compress enough. This is causing the H3 to work very hard when the front wheel meets a rock.

My bras are cranked just a little bit (I think it was 3 or 4 turns). And I do feel that my friends (they don’t own Hummers) are correct.

Any ideas how to check this?

Old 09-29-2007, 12:08 PM
Default RE: Front suspension question.

My bras are cranked just a little bit
That's Funny...Bras......

I know this will start this going on all day...But I woulddo a ReadyLift Keys installation. It's a good place to start. I had my bars set with 3.5 L/H and 4 R/H turnscranked inand the ride wasbouncy and it seemed like the travel was reduced also. I thought it was just me......

I did the keys and everything is awesome.....If you have the bucks....I would do it.

Just a thought.....

Old 09-29-2007, 12:16 PM

Bras - so for the typo. It's BARS.
Does anyone else seen this problem and solved it with the ReadyLift kit?

Old 09-29-2007, 12:29 PM

ORIGINAL: haiminger

My bras are cranked just a little bit
I would imagine the ones who wear bras would love the idea of cranking them up for extra lift

I had my t-bars cranked and experienced the same thing that you are experiencing now.
I added the ReadyLift Kit and do not have those issues any more.

Nova...

Old 09-29-2007, 12:43 PM

Cananyone tell me where I can buy the readylift kit?

I can not seem to find any on-line site that sells to Israel. They are all selling to USA or Canada only

Old 09-29-2007, 01:17 PM

One more question regarding the ReadyLift kit:

I see (from the readlift web site) that it givs you a list of up to 2.5".

Is that done without having to crank the torsion bars at all? or do I still have to crank them up?

Thanks again for the help

Haim

Old 09-29-2007, 03:45 PM

When they were installed they were cranked to level the front with the back.[/align][/align]Here is link to a video that I made which shows my H3 offroad after I had the ReadyLift kit installed.. [/align][/align]http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...nelID=35701645[/align]

Old 09-30-2007, 12:09 AM

So if you still have to cranck the torsion bars after installing the readylift kit, what does this kit actually do?

Old 10-01-2007, 10:19 AM

I had my done after I purchased my H3 a few weeks ago. They did not turn the torsion bars. The kit adds the space which provides the 2.5 inches of lift. What's the pupose of installing it if you have to crank the torsion bars...?

The Readylift kit only cost me $180 and you can do the install yourself, but you will have to get aligned afterwards to the specs provided in the kit. Does not change any of the ride and it adds an awesome look.

pgaduane

Old 10-01-2007, 11:22 AM

look up older threads bout crnking t-bars or instaling the ready lift....I don't feel like writing it all out again...just research it first...readylifts are a complete waste of $$ and will give you no more compression or articualtion...kinda funny thinking that it will.

Quick Reply: Front suspension question.