PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

front end allignment

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 07:31 PM
Banned
Default front end allignment

Hello again folks,

Well I have an issue with the allignment. Just bought the Humdinger and it runs great althought the allignment pulls slightly to the right. Inflated all tires to spec. Rotated tires. Checked for brake drag. Didnt find any. Seemed to help but still doing it. I found the front driver camber caster lobe wasnt tight. I think this was part of the problem. tightened it up but same thing. Noticed it has a moon shaped plasic inserted into the side of the adjusting lobes. Does this really stop the lobes from turning or is this just a positioning guild? I got an appointment for a allignment soon. Just wondering if any had issues with allignment and disposition. Couldnt find anything in the FAQs Thanks

Old 01-16-2009, 08:26 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: front end allignment

I believe the plastic is just the part of theallignment increments, a guide as you said.There is a pin in the lobe that when the the Bolt/Nut is tightened helps hold everything in posistion. I have had no problems with the 3, but my old GMC got loosened up and had to be readjusted.

If you are still within warranty mileage, it should be a covered item as it came loose over time driving and is not regular maintenance. Good luck.

Old 01-21-2009, 04:07 PM

The plastic pieces are for the alignment that the factory does. most Hummers come from the factory with the alignment out....I have had two...and both were out really bad. Once the truck is aligned those plastic pieces are removed.

Old 01-26-2009, 07:36 AM
Banned

After allignment, its fine. I knew a soccer mom owned this vehicle previously.