PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Freakin' Mud!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 09:15 PM
Default Freakin' Mud!!

Me and my buddy found a long muddy construction road behind his sub-division today, so we decided to check it out. Well it's been cold and rainy the past week so the road was all mud. I'm talking thick gumbo mud. We had an absolute blast running up and down the road (about 1/2 mile long), and it was the first time I could actually get the truck dirty! Handled it like a champ, even with the stock 32's on it. Everything was great until I got home and realized I had to clean the damn thing![:@] Those skid plates are like freakin shovels for mud and gravel! It took me almost two hours and 3 removed skid plates to get all of the mud out!!! I love the fact that we have fender liners which helps clean up alot, but there are so many nooks and crannies that are magnets for small pebbles/mud!!! I know, I know it's a Hummer and it's supposed to be dirty, but I'm kinda OCD about filthy trucks! I think I'll stick to rock hopping @ my parents ranch instead of the mud. Maybe when I get the undercarriage protection so it's bars and not plates under there stuff won't cake up as much. Well atleast it gave me a reason to go wash the truck!

Old 11-27-2007, 10:38 PM
Default RE: Freakin' Mud!!

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

Old 11-27-2007, 10:49 PM

sorry no pics. I didn't have a camera with me. I guess I could've used my phone but in all the fun I didn't think about it[sm=oopssign.gif]

Old 11-28-2007, 05:06 AM

sounds like fun..........all but the cleaning part

Old 11-28-2007, 07:10 AM

After a couple of mud outings in my H2 a few years back, I swore off mudding for the same reason. I can have just about as much fun in rough (but dry) terrain. I haven't gotten my new H3 off-road yet, but I hope to over the X-mas holidays.
[8D]

Old 11-28-2007, 07:51 AM
Super Moderator

Going thru mud for the sake of just going thru mud is like banging an uglyfat chick. You know you could do it, you know how to do it, but what is the point???? When you are done, you either have an ugly fat chick or mud hanging around, I do not want either.

Old 11-28-2007, 08:09 AM

Doc, your analogy is good, but a little off.
Mud is not the fat chick, but the dirty ***** who will do anything and anyone. If you don't bring the right equipment, she'll just laugh and humiliate you (based on things I've heard, not personal experience). If you do it right you'll have a greattime. The down side is there's a good chance you'll end up with something on your underside that's hard to get rid of (personal experience only applies to mud).

Old 11-28-2007, 08:31 AM

Your best bet is just to stick a lawn sprinkler under your truck and let it do all the work for you. I find that this is the best way to get all the dirt/mud out from under there. As for the engine compartment mine is still dirty, not to sure on how to clean around all that electrical components.

Old 11-28-2007, 08:33 AM
Super Moderator

What's a dirty *****???? I think I've seen somethin about that on TV? I got the end up with somethin you don't want part.

Old 11-28-2007, 08:36 AM

ORIGINAL: Trey124

Your best bet is just to stick a lawn sprinkler under your truck and let it do all the work for you. I find that this is the best way to get all the dirt/mud out from under there. As for the engine compartment mine is still dirty, not to sure on how to clean around all that electrical components.
Use foaming bubbles bathroom cleaner.

Quick Reply: Freakin' Mud!!