Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   Is this Frame Damage? (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/frame-damage-37598/)

zefrum 12-04-2016 10:46 AM

Is this Frame Damage?

3 Attachment(s)
I was driving in Downtown Houston at night and didnt see a raised section of road in time to slow for a train track intersection on some unlit road.

Made a really loud sound and since then i've had a lot of squeaking and groaning when making turns.

I've finally moved into our new house and started setting up the garage to take care of the truck after living in NYC for 15 yrs...

So, Im pretty sure I need to replace the bumps stops :o , but does the bracket holding the upper A-Arm look like its damaged?

Also, do our trucks have a 10 yr power train warranty? / What warranties are still on the 2009 trucks?

Thanks!

WR3NCHE4D 12-04-2016 06:43 PM

Difficult to tell if there is damage in the pics. Looks OK. Don't see any paint flake which is a sign of distortion. I do see a little bit of an S in the most forward upright. doesn't look like it affected the mounting hole for the control arm. I would try to compare it with the other side by taking measurements and an eyeball comparison. The bushings on the control arm look like they're finished. Could just be the shadows from the pic. Did you check the wheel bearings? I have changed a couple on my H3. The GM wheel bearings are weak. They can make some wonderful noises when they're done.
I am not sure of the power train warranty.

TAINTER 12-04-2016 07:15 PM

GM power train warranty was 5 years (that passed) or 100,000 miles whichever comes first.

As far as the frame, take it to a good body shop and have it checked out. I had an accident and it bent both the upper and lower A arm mounts. Insurance paid to have the frame replaced. Took about 1.5 months total.

zefrum 12-05-2016 10:27 AM

Thank you WR3NCHE4D and Tainter; Im going over to an actual 4x4 offroad shop for an estimate, Allout Offroad | Jeep Truck Parts & Accessories, Eric said an estimate would be 95 bucks...cant complain about that after i bought 2 grand in replacement parts (that im 99% sure i need).

...Im still running the original oem shocks :-0

I am really excited about getting the truck the way i want: leveld with bilsteins and light racing jounce stops

talusfan 12-05-2016 07:42 PM

Can't really tell much from the pics except that you certainly got your moneys worth from them bump stops.

staggs 12-29-2016 01:52 AM

You should never pay for an estimate on your car. Take it to a reputable icar certified body shop, a good estimator should be able to tell if there is significant damage, if so he may want to then put it on a frame rack.