PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Forum Newbie - In Process of Purchasing H2

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2018, 10:26 PM
Default Forum Newbie - In Process of Purchasing H2

I'm new to the forum but not to Hummers. I had an H3 a long time ago and am about to purchase a 2003 H2. So here is the situation. I'm in Cali and the truck is out of state. However, I'm having the truck inspected tomorrow and if all goes well I'll be finalizing my purchase and arranging for it to be shipped to me back in Cali. The H2 Im looking at is a very low mileage example but does some have rust underneath. I've got some pictures but did ask the inspector to closely inspect the rust underneath the truck. I've already been reading about removing the rust but wanted the forums opinion if there was too much rust and that if I'd be asking for trouble. I've attached several pictures and would like everyone's thoughts.

Thank you all for your opinions and I look forward to becoming part of the Hummer community..........again!

Attached Thumbnails Forum Newbie - In Process of Purchasing H2-img_24461.jpg   Forum Newbie - In Process of Purchasing H2-img_24471.jpg   Forum Newbie - In Process of Purchasing H2-img_24481.jpg  
Old 06-24-2018, 07:23 AM

This just looks like a little surface rust, should be easy to clean up and paint.

Good luck on your purchase!!!

Old 06-24-2018, 10:15 AM

It is amazing with all the waxy greasy goo they put on these things how they still rust. That thing must have been back east or somewhere with salt on the roads. I would have to spend weeks cleaning that rust off and painting/undercoating before my mind would be at ease.

Old 06-24-2018, 05:51 PM

Thanks for the reply gents. The car is from Ohio and was exposed to salt being on the road. With only 38000 miles on the truck, I figured it would not be a big deal cleaning it up myself. With that being said I'll be wiring the money to the dealership on Monday and finalizing the paperwork by Friday. I've already got shipping quotes lined up and will have a shipper pick it up over the next weekend. Once she gets to Cali I'll be putting on new rotors, pads and calipers. I also plan to xline the front and rear bumpers, side mirrors, molding around side and wheel arches and other ancillary pieces. I'll be doing a lot more and will document the build on the forum.

Again, thank you all for the response!!!