PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First Long Road Trip

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 10:28 AM
Default First Long Road Trip

My wife and I just returned from a round trip from Pensacola, FL to Dayton, OH in our '06 H3 on Wednesday. As our journey took us up and down the hills/mountains in northern Alabama, Tennessee, and Kentucky, the cruise control was useless. The 3.5L I5 just did not like the uphill grades. Needless to say, much of the 13 1/2 hour trip (each way) was without cruise. Other than that, it was very comfortable and rode very solid. The bulk of the driving time in Dayton was spent with five adults in the H3. My wife's aunt (who sat in back) even got to enjoy the DVD player in the headrest on the way up and back. Mileage was around 18.5 mpg (Volant SS exhaust and K&N Series 77 intake installed). I figure that was not too bad considering the terrain. Starting next Thursday afternoon, the H3 gets parked for a couple weeks. I go in for back surgery that morning.

Old 07-11-2009, 10:50 AM

Nice report thanks, I have had no problems with the CC on short trips at all, I really have no issues with power either. My H3 is an 08, and does have a little more torque.

Good luck with the back surgery.

Old 07-11-2009, 12:20 PM

Thats decent fuel mileage. Next week will be the first trip in mine.I will be going from Appleton Wi. to Lancaster Pa. I only have 3000 miles on mine so i hope to loosen it up alittle on the road.

Old 07-11-2009, 12:22 PM

i kinda dont like long trips coz the seating in the basic 08 H3 arent really comfortable ...

good luck

3bo0odi

Old 07-11-2009, 12:42 PM

I just did a 1600 mile trip to Cape May, NJ. I have the H3X lux series. Seats were great. Milelage kinda sucked at 70-75mph. It was 16.5. It's a nice highway cruiser.

Bob

Old 07-11-2009, 01:31 PM

Good luck with the surgery!

We love the seats ('06 Lux), we can drive our's forever. IMHO, the H3 is very nice on the highway but our Envoy XL was superb! Then again, the H3 is off-road capable once you get to where you are going!

Old 07-11-2009, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by D VADER
I just did a 1600 mile trip to Cape May, NJ. I have the H3X lux series. Seats were great. Milelage kinda sucked at 70-75mph. It was 16.5. It's a nice highway cruiser.

Bob
Ahhhhhhhh! Cape May, NJ. My hometown! I am jealous. I sure do miss Cape May this time of the year. Did you eat at The Lobster House?

Old 07-11-2009, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by 3bo0odi
i kinda dont like long trips coz the seating in the basic 08 H3 arent really comfortable ...

good luck

3bo0odi

in my experience, its all about getting the seating position and angles right in that car. when we took the demo car out for a few hours. it was obvious people had messed with the seat settings. after that i got chronic back ache. but when i took delivery of mine. its very comortable. love it. mine isnt the basic one. but im guessing the only difference is clothes and leather seats?

Old 07-11-2009, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by marksteven
Thats decent fuel mileage. Next week will be the first trip in mine.I will be going from Appleton Wi. to Lancaster Pa. I only have 3000 miles on mine so i hope to loosen it up alittle on the road.
Appleton is a beautiful city. Pierce Mfg. builds all of our Fire Trucks there. I have visited about 15 times over the last 20 years.

Mine is a Lux with leather If someone changes the seat positions, it usually takes me about 2 days of readjusting to get it back to where I like it. With the recline and the 4 electrically actuated movements, not counting the lumbar adjustment, it is a trick to get it back to normal.

Old 07-12-2009, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by RKSmith163
Appleton is a beautiful city. Pierce Mfg. builds all of our Fire Trucks there. I have visited about 15 times over the last 20 years.

Mine is a Lux with leather If someone changes the seat positions, it usually takes me about 2 days of readjusting to get it back to where I like it. With the recline and the 4 electrically actuated movements, not counting the lumbar adjustment, it is a trick to get it back to normal.
I couldnt agree with you any more. any time i take it in to a full service wash, they seem compelled to adjust my seat. it takes me a while to readjust it back. what fire dept. do you work for? i'm originally from Brooklyn N.Y. Seagraves in clintonville Wi. (30 min away) makes most of NYC fire equipment.

Quick Reply: First Long Road Trip