PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First Hummer - Need help and opinions!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 02:56 PM
Default First Hummer - Need help and opinions!

All,

I recently purchased a 2003 H2 and already have problems. Mainly, the air suspension is not working and the air bags are deflated. I took the vehicle into a Hummer dealership thinking that something like this might be covered by the extended warranty I purchased. Negative....

I'm being told the air compressor needs to be changed and then all the lines have to be changed because the compressor is an updated version. They quoted $2300.

I've been reading through the old posts about suspension and coil springs. Can anyone offer up pros and cons for both? Has anyone used the strutmaster conversion kit in place of the air suspension? If so, what do you think? Ride quality? Ride height? The vehicle won't see extreme off roading or pulling heavy weight.

The dealership told me that if I put in the coil springs that the "level chime" would keep chiming and blinking. Is this true? Does anyone know how to disarm the chime? Also, does anyone know how to remove the "service air suspension" message off the dash if I choose the coil springs?

What do you you guys think? It seems like there are quite a few problems with the air suspension. I plan on keeping this vehicle for a while and don't want to have to deal with this again.

Thanks! I appreciate any help or advice.

Old 01-12-2010, 03:27 PM

man unfortunatly my advice to you is to cancel your current waranty and get a pro rated refund and use it to buy a waranty that covers all componets of the vehicle my extended waranty covers everything even the gps unit and i paid $2400 thru the dealership which was a hummer dealer the coverage is to 100,000 miles

Old 01-15-2010, 01:10 PM

I agree

Old 01-15-2010, 05:09 PM

I think Arnott suspension had some brand new compressors for $500 I think they also sell a retrofit kit. I had an 03 with the air susp and never had a problem with it, now I have a 2006 with out the air ride and I cant tell the difference in ride quality between the two. Arnott's # is 1-800-251-8993

Old 01-16-2010, 09:02 PM

I am suprised your extended warranty does not cover the air suspension...I would question why it doesnt.

You can get a compressor such as the arnott for much cheaper than what the dealer will charge. Check ebay for the compressor. New airbags should be about 80 bucks each not installed. I would suggest getting the compressor and bags yourself and shop around to find a good shop to install them..as for replacing all the airlines I never heard about that..could be true but I dont know.

I know people who did the coil conversion and so far they are stuck with the "service air suspension" message..As for the level message you can tie up and trick the sensors into thinking thay are level, I havent heard of that message but all u gotta do is trick the sensors into thinking they are level.

So far my 05 air suspension is fine but it does worry me..its only a matter of time before bags or compressor will fail.

Last edited by mfish; 01-16-2010 at 09:05 PM.