PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fireman Blue light mount?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 08:37 PM
Default Fireman Blue light mount?

[hr]
I ahve been a volenteer fireman for 12 years. part of my life i will never give up.. but i need 360 degrees of blur light to be legal. i don't want to mount a ugly light up there. but i am thinking a very low profile roof rack and a low profile led light. anyone have any ideas???

Old 02-21-2008, 05:40 AM
Default RE: Fireman Blue light mount?

Thats the way I would go, mount the low profile LED light Bar to the cross rails of the roof rack . Do not use
magnets ! Been there done that , after a while they gave out at 60MPH and the results where not pretty ...

Old 02-21-2008, 08:02 AM

Wow, you're looking at a lot of money if you're going to do that. What's wrong with the old Vollie dash and rear window lights?

Old 02-21-2008, 08:09 AM

Can't you use strobes? PM me...I can hook ya up with something you can use

Old 02-21-2008, 10:39 AM

i can use strobes but they have to be a 360 view. something like this, but smaller.. http://www.galls.com/yahoo/style.htm...mp;style=LB004

Old 02-21-2008, 10:50 AM

how bout strobes that are mounted in all 4 corners...you can see them 360degree. not each one but as a package they have a 360 degree view. if not I can look into other possible solutions. I know they use strobes here in volly's cars.

Old 02-21-2008, 12:13 PM

the laws here in Punxsutawney are pretty strict. no dash lights, no strobes in signals ect.. so the only good place is on the roof. i now have a strobe dash light but i am totally breaking the laws on that. there are several of us that have them, but only a matter of time before we get into trouble.

Old 02-21-2008, 12:18 PM

Let me see what I can do...might even be able to get you a group rate for your entire department if I can find the product that's right for you.

Old 02-21-2008, 01:15 PM

You have some exceptionally confusing rules regarding "lights" up there http://www.pacode.com/secure/data/06...hap173toc.html I like Florida's rules for vollies better...

...may display or use red warning signals visible from the front and from the rear of such vehicle, subject to the following restrictions and conditions:
(a)No more than two red warning signals may be displayed.

Old 02-21-2008, 05:54 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: TonyH3

the laws here in Punxsutawney are pretty strict. no dash lights, no strobes in signals ect.. so the only good place is on the roof. i now have a strobe dash light but i am totally breaking the laws on that. there are several of us that have them, but only a matter of time before we get into trouble.
That's actually kinda sad... you give up your time and risk your life and the law makers hammer down on you... I assume this is because some idiot failed to yield to a vollie and got hit... I can't honestly see a police agency enforcing this unless they have to... or unless the station pissed them off...

Quick Reply: Fireman Blue light mount?