PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Favorite trails in moab for h3?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 06:52 PM
Default Favorite trails in moab for h3?

We just rolled in last night. Ran Hells Revenge today and we are trying to plan out tomorrow. What are your guys' favorite trails to run in your H3?

Didn't get too many good pics but here are a few...

wish the door wasn't open on the last one but no one was paying attention.

Old 04-05-2008, 07:18 PM
Default RE: Favorite trails in moab for h3?

I couldn't say, but I do like the way the guy is looking at you on the dirt bike

Old 04-05-2008, 11:11 PM

Isn't there a "Porcupine Rim Trail" ? We ran one about 12 years ago and I think that was the name of it. Awesome view over a 1000' drop off. Wish I was down there right now!

edit: It's a 1500' drop. Here's a link toa write up of the trail. You need to get a picture of your H3 on "Picture Rock"!

http://www.4x4now.com/pr.htm

Old 04-05-2008, 11:18 PM

Didn't do too much in my first trip to Moab as the Hummah wasn't quite set up yet. And I haven't done the second trip. Here's a pic from a pucker factor trail (not fond of heights) in Canyonlands Nat'l Park.

From another angle. Scenic trail, not tough.

Old 04-06-2008, 12:42 AM
Super Moderator

Be sure to post pics of whatever you do run.

Old 04-06-2008, 02:13 AM

Fins & Things is one of my favorites. Great views and lots of slickrock, like Hell's. Easy enough trail to run if you're by yourself also.

Porcupine Rim has that great photo op, but other than that, it's kind of boring. There was also a rock slide so it might be in pretty bad shape.

SevenMile Rim is another great run. Excellent views from the rim and some decent obstacles throughout the trail.

SteelBender is fun, especially if you do the extra loop that is in the new Charles Wells book. If you don't already have the book, GET IT!! Plenty of places in town carry it. I even saw it on the counter at Mavericks.

Old 04-06-2008, 02:17 AM

BTW, I have a ton of pics/vids from Moab on my site. Link is in my sig.

Old 04-06-2008, 02:53 AM
Super Moderator

Sewie, did you go to Jeep Week with Neo?

Old 04-06-2008, 03:43 AM

Mine's the HIGHWAY driving past MOAB!!![8D]

Sure is Pretty though!!!

Old 04-06-2008, 11:02 AM

yeah I am trying to decide between steel bender and fins and things. If I had my way I'd run them both but I am with some first timers who seem to prefer to only run one trail a day lol...I will make sure we get tons more pics especially if we only run one. I was trying to get through Hell's yesterday so we had time to run another but they decided they wanted a break so it was for nothing [&:]

Can't wait to come back down with a group of hummers! Especially cause most people look at me like I'm crazy for having that thing out here. It could be the 20" chrome wheels, but I think its the 30 day temp tag that is still on it

So far I am very impressed with the way it wheels. We haven't done anything crazy yet so everything we've done so far I was able to do in my XJ, but the h3 seems to do it way easier and definitely with a lot more comfort! My xj didn't have a locker either so I'm sure when we run into something that requires it, the h3 will out perform

Quick Reply: Favorite trails in moab for h3?