PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fabbed my own n-fab style light bar

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 04:27 PM
Default fabbed my own n-fab style light bar

Just a few updated pics of the truck. I made my own n-fab style light bad with 3 hella 500 lights. I have a hood stripe now. I also plastidipped my front turn signals so they just have a one inch stripe across the middle. I also gave it that raptor look with 3 L.E.D. lights in the lower grille. painted brakes and lower A arm on the front suspension yellow. let me know what yall think.

Attached Thumbnails fabbed my own n-fab style light bar-imag0185.jpg   fabbed my own n-fab style light bar-imag0186.jpg   fabbed my own n-fab style light bar-imag0188.jpg   fabbed my own n-fab style light bar-imag0202.jpg   fabbed my own n-fab style light bar-imag0217.jpg  

Old 09-24-2012, 05:42 PM
Default Nice Pictures

How long does that plasti dip last?

Old 09-24-2012, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by K0PIR
Depends on how you treat it. It'll hold up to weathering and abrasions really well. I have had my H3 plastidipped (grille, emblems, wheels) for about 4 months now without a scratch.

Your H3 looks sharp bro! How is the light bar attached?

Old 09-24-2012, 07:54 PM

Holy, I was thinking of the same mod. Though I would of never had time to do one wondered if anyone one manufactured them and thanks to you I found n-fab!

Old 09-24-2012, 10:01 PM

I couldn't bring myself to spend the money on the nfab so I mad my own with some things layi g around. The plastidip is holding up great through mud and everything. And the bar is attached to one of the bolts hold the hooks on each side exactly like the nfab bar. Someday ill make a roof rack but need to get the motivation first. Lol.

Old 09-25-2012, 09:14 AM

very impressive, nice job on the lower control arms, I never would have thought they would come out that noticable

Old 09-27-2012, 08:25 PM

Lights look great. I like the 3 LEDs. Looks awesome with the front turn signal changes. Was it hard to get the Turn signal out to dip it? I want to make the same light bar but have no idea how to weld.

Old 09-28-2012, 09:41 AM

I'm no pro at welding but that bar
isn't
going anywhere. All I did was take off the grille. (6 bolts) and then I just masked off around everything else and took a one inch piece of tape and put it across the light and repeat on the other side. Good thing about plasti dip is if you don't like it you can just peel it off. Thanks I really like the led lights too.

Old 09-28-2012, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by K0PIR
Depends on your offroad terrain, I found it does not hold up to the brush along the trails in AZ, however most people report very good luck elsewhere.

Old 09-28-2012, 02:41 PM

Good lookin' rig Yeller! All you're missing is a full size spare I love the turn signal idea, and those LED's look sweet. Nice touches everywhere, brakes, control arms, very good work. You're making us hummer guys proud... I'm easy to please though lol as long as the rims are under 20" and the tires are MT I'm pretty happy

Quick Reply: fabbed my own n-fab style light bar