PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine light on

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 07:33 PM
Question Engine light on

My engine light came on today but the truck seems to run fine. Checked all the normal fluids and all seems well. Can anyone give me some insight on this problem? Also can anyone recommend a OBD II reader scanner that can help me diagnose the problem that will work on my H1 and give me the codes, a description, reset, and possably part numbers. I also have an ABS light that comes on when started and then goes off after driving 20 feet or so.

Old 09-30-2010, 01:12 AM
Super Moderator

The ABS light coming on at start up and then going off after a few seconds.minute is normal. Lots of trucks do it. The check engine light could be lots of things. If you don't have an ODB II scanner run by a Pep Boys and they will run a scan for free for you. ( at least they will here ) If not most any of the $200 and under scanner will read the code for you.

Old 10-04-2010, 08:48 AM

Mac tools has a scanner which works for the H1 and reads most of the codes. I don't know the price. I have an engine light on right now as well my brother is a mechanic and we found I had a Glow Plug circuit A problem. Truck runs fine.

Reading the manual and when you have a reduction of power and the transmission will not shift past second gear there might be a big issue. Still take it in and get it scanned, you'll sleep better at night. I know I did.

Cheers

Old 12-03-2010, 10:00 PM

Thanks i googled this problem and this thread came up and helps out.

Quick Question:
Are there any ODB II scanners you would not recommend? Any company that just makes a bad scanner?