PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EBAY PEOPLE SUCK.

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 04:40 PM
Default EBAY PEOPLE SUCK.

Had my first bad ebay transaction today..trying to sell my old rims off my old truck, just when i thought i sold them the person who won them said that they accidently entered a wrong high bid..now what do i do i dunno, but im a little heated..ive posted them twice already. i tried a 2nd chance offer to the other bidder but hes no longer interested..[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...054&rd=1,1

Old 04-12-2007, 04:47 PM
Default RE: EBAY PEOPLE SUCK.

ORIGINAL: ebrown

Had my first bad ebay transaction today..trying to sell my old rims off my old truck, just when i thought i sold them the person who won them said that they accidently entered a wrong high bid..now what do i do i dunno, but im a little heated..ive posted them twice already. i tried a 2nd chance offer to the other bidder but hes no longer interested..[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...054&rd=1,1
That does suck. You can try to open a dispute with ebay, but my experience is that it will go nowhere. They do not have any authority to force people to pay. Arguably you could take them to court, but not worth the hassle. Most ebayers are good, but losers like this guy need to be repored and degative feedback left. The ebay process continually reminds buyers that their bid is a contract, etc. etc. Judging from your auction, it looks a little like you were scammed, as the high bidder is a new user with no feedback, and the second bidder bid MANY times either to run the price up, or was fishing. Bummer

Old 04-12-2007, 06:18 PM

Name:  eBayavataranimated.gif
Views: 53
Size:  979 Bytes
ebrown...
Initially, eBay was an excellentvenue for honest reliable Buyers and Sellers; however, during the past few years this has all changed. Unfortunately,dishonest peopleon both ends of the transaction have become commonplace.Fortunately, all of my Buyers have followed through with their commitment, and I've only encountered problems with three 'deadbeat' Sellers, as well as once having my own eBay Seller's account hijacked by a 'scammer'. Fortunately, I've always received my money back after directly filing a dispute with my credit card company, as eBay's ($25 fee) method of mediation 'blows' big time, and PayPal forces one to jump through too many hoops...as it's a lengthy BS process. As lhb said, there's really nothing you can do, except ask eBay for a refundof your end of auction/transaction fees which you'll no doubt be charged. You could also leave the Buyer 'negative feedback'; however, this will more than likely result in retaliatory 'negative feedback' being left for you in return by the Buyer.

I've currently got a set of chrome-clad Chrysler '300' wheels/tires and a set of chromeCorvette 'wagon wheels'/tires which I haven't decidedwhat to witheither. Since shipping runs about $150 for a set of tires/wheels, you'd have to make the pricepretty much worthwhile for a Buyer to actually purchase them from you, as the majority of buyers won't be able to pick them up directly from you due to logistics. Selling them in the local 'White Pages' or 'Penny Saver' might be a viable option, as well as the methodswhich I'm currently contemplating myself.

I still buy more than I sell on eBay, and as a well-seasoned Buyer/Seller, as well as having been involved in several Buyer/Seller transactions worldwide, I pretty well much know all of the signs to look for. eBay has several help guides located on their site which are there to help Buyers/Sellers who might be or are considering becoming involved in an eBay transaction. Many of these have been written by well-seasoned eBay Buyers/Sellers, and I have written a few of these guides myself without any type of compensation.Just remember to thoroughly read the Seller's auction item description and don't be afraid of utilizing eBay's member contact feature if anything looks questionable or is unclear. Print and save all Buyer/Seller e-mail communication, just in case written communication is required at some later date for dispute resolution. Also,thoroughly read through all of a Buyer's/Seller's feedback history, as well as look for the presence of some sort of pattern; i.e., has had negatives over a year ago, but noweverything appears to be copacetic - a good thing;is the same Buyer and/or Seller leaving repeated feedback continually - could be either good or bad (possibly a repeat customer or is the Buyer/Seller one in the same?), etc. Don't become tangled-up in a 'bidding war', as you might fall victim to 'shill' bidding. Don't become involved in any transactions outside of the eBay community, unless you've previously dealt with/feel comfortable withthe Buyer/Seller...but it's 'your call'! Always pay via a credit card and never out of your personal bank account. Avoid paying with a personal check or a money order, as they can be costly/too hardto place a 'stop payment' upon. Lastly, if it sounds too good to be true and/or you have an initial 'gut feeling' about something, then just simply pass-upthe deal altogether.Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
Name:  FrustratedeBayeranimated.gif
Views: 33
Size:  54.1 KB

Old 04-12-2007, 06:23 PM

Not to over state the obvious...But I really look into a persons Feedback history before I buy from them at least...I know that don't apply to someone buying from you too much, but at least look at those High bidder's feedback and cancle them if you see something fishy..

Old 04-12-2007, 06:32 PM

thanks for all the feed back guys, i knew that i didnt like the 0 feed back on the buyer, but just ignored it. Now that i think about it I prolly would have never posted this here but i needed to vent. Thanks

I think from now on ill go with those gut feelings.

Old 04-12-2007, 07:16 PM

ORIGINAL: ebrown

thanks for all the feed back guys, i knew that i didnt like the 0 feed back on the buyer, but just ignored it. Now that i think about it I prolly would have never posted this here but i needed to vent. Thanks

I think from now on ill go with those gut feelings.
Some sellers refuse to allow bidders with 0 feedback.. or sometimes even less than say 5 or 10 for example. You could always post that in your auction, and then remove any bidders who don't meet the criteria. That may at least lessen your chances of getting burned again.

One of my pet peevs is sellers who hold feedback hostage. If I've paid for my item, then post my damn feedback and I'll do likewise when I get the item. Too often they won't until you leave it.. give me abreak.. It's not; you do it for me and I'll do it for you. It's about doing it (no matter what side of the equasion you are on) if the other person came through on their end.

Ok, rant off...

Old 04-12-2007, 07:36 PM

SORRY about your rotten luck! DITTO to all of the above good commentary. I have been an Ebayer as both buyer and seller for for about 8 or 9 years. I have been very lucky and have only had 2 bad transactions where the seller misrepresented the item. - and they of course left me negative feedback AFTER I left theirs..because I had the audacity to give honest accurate feedback on them! Ebay is a great venue (and I have gotten some heck of a deals) - if one follows all of the above safety precautions. Of course there will always be an exception to every rule.

Old 04-12-2007, 09:08 PM

Dang, sorry for the bad luck you are having..I would be very heated to[:@]..ditto on all the advise above.

Old 04-13-2007, 03:56 AM

EBay was a good place once but I don't even go there much anymore...too many people trying to rip ya off...[:@][:@][:'(][:'(][>:]

Old 04-13-2007, 10:09 AM

Not to play devil's advocate, but I just purchased my H2 on ebay. Got a great deal and vehicle was better than posted in description.....I always do my research cuz I got burnt for $300 once on ebay. There's someone running a scam everywhere.
[align=left] [/align]

Quick Reply: EBAY PEOPLE SUCK.