PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Duramax conversions pricy?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 05:45 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Duramax conversions pricy?

Magnum I am looking at a project truck. Not sure about it yet but it is a 93 4 door hardtop. What did you say you could do a Duramax conversation for?

Old 04-02-2008, 10:22 AM

Depending on what motor you what(LLY,LBZ,LMM)this will vary the price a little but 35K to37K range and also have a option to drop that by going with a motor trans combo with 3Kto10K on it I have done that before and have a very good connection on great quality semi-used packages

Old 04-03-2008, 06:30 AM

ORIGINAL: magnumoffroad

Depending on what motor you what(LLY,LBZ,LMM)this will vary the price a little but 35K to37K range............
What's the difference between the above Duramax conversion and the US$ 48k conversion you quoted me?

"Here is a list of components that go in to the conversion:[/align][/align] Duramax engine LLY, LBZ or the 2008 LMMmodel[/align] Custom motor perches with newfactory motor mounts[/align] Allison 1000 series transmission (will hold up to 500HP without being built) also available in a six speed[/align]Custom engine and transmission wireharnesses[/align] 2 wheel drive 4 wheel driveselectable transfercase[/align] Modified transmission mount[/align] Custom high pressure transmission and fuel lines[/align] Front and rear customdrive shafts[/align] Fuel sending unit [/align] Factory A/C condenser with custom lines[/align] Custom Intercooler[/align] Custom computer program (by PPE)[/align] Custom stainless 4" exhaust[/align] Custom programmed ECM,TCM,BCM and 4wd module[/align][/align]With the basic conversionyou will getmileage around 25 to 30 MPG. Attached is some pic's of a vehicle we are working on right now. There are many upgrades available to reach 30 plus MPG (propane assist, Biodiesel, water methanol injection)our price for the base conversion on the H1 is 48,000 This would include all componets and labor.Thanks for your time and I look foward to hearing from you."[/align]

Old 04-03-2008, 02:39 PM

The package was quoted for you with the LMM model motor, Six speed trans. with tap up tap down feature this is the newest technology available.there is also a verylimited supply of that 2008 combo available on a month to month base and prices do flexuate.Unfortunatly The the price details and optionson those buildshad not been discused. If the LLY motor with the five speed trans was the chosen power plant, the conversion would have come down in price.Every build is diffrentand is taylored to meet the owners needs, I'm sorry we did not get the chance to talk more and understand all options available.I will honor the 35-37 on the LLY,LBZ,and the LB7 with the five speed trans.thses packages also vary in price 2-3 thousand bucks from time to time,that parts list you recieved is a over view and is applyable to the H1 or H2,sorry for any miscommunication I would have liked to work with you on those trucks.

Old 04-03-2008, 03:01 PM

Thank you Mike for your reply.

Yes, I do want to install the LBZ engines (360HP, 881Nm)with the Allison transmissions, 5 speed or 6 speed, doesn't really make a difference to me. I was under the impression your email was self explanatory. It said "LLY, LLZ or 2008 LLM model" with no differentiation in pricing........it also said 5 or 6 speed and that the base conversion would cost US$48k which means it can only go higher.

I assume that the US$37k conversion is using new LLZ engines and transmissions, not low mileage used engines. Mythree H1 trucks are still in Egypt and will ship soon to the US. I will implement the Duramax conversion on all three H1's.

Could you please provide me with a detailed breakdown of what the US$37k Duramax conversion includes using a LBZ engine.

Thank you and kind regards,

Tarek

Old 03-29-2012, 12:10 AM

Who wants to sponsor me and give me a free Duramax conversion? I'll pass out shirts hats and business cards, plus some real estate on the hummer itself!