PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drove home in the snow storm

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 08:12 PM
Default Drove home in the snow storm

Actually it's not that bad out. Northeast Ohio snow belt with 6" + down on the ground and expecting more. This time the snow is coming from down south so, it's not quite as bad.They closedthe station offices early today so I came up from Kent where it was a little worst for a change.The H3 holds up incredibly well. I know it's been said before, but this thing real handles in the snow. Just in standard 4WD, I can take off from a light on slick streets and never even break a wheel. You can see everyone's head turn as I just shoot through the intersections while they just sit and spin. I've had Land Rovers for years, even still have a Disco II but, this Hummer outperforms them all.

Old 02-13-2007, 08:14 PM
Default RE: Drove home in the snow storm

Great, ain't they?

Old 02-13-2007, 09:17 PM

ORIGINAL: IgottaH3

Actually it's not that bad out. Northeast Ohio snow belt with 6" + down on the ground and expecting more. This time the snow is coming from down south so, it's not quite as bad.They closedthe station offices early today so I came up from Kent where it was a little worst for a change.The H3 holds up incredibly well. I know it's been said before, but this thing real handles in the snow. Just in standard 4WD, I can take off from a light on slick streets and never even break a wheel. You can see everyone's head turn as I just shoot through the intersections while they just sit and spin. I've had Land Rovers for years, even still have a Disco II but, this Hummer outperforms them all.
May I quote you?

Old 02-13-2007, 09:18 PM

I know exactly what you're saying. I'm here in central Indiana and we got a good dumping of snow too, then tons of sleet freezing rain on top of it. Took my wife to work and picked her back up today......you can launch away from stoplights while sitting on several inches of snow and ice and the H3 just takes off almost like on dry pavement. It's pretty cool, blasting past cars that are sliding and spinning while they are just trying to maintain 20MPH.

I came up on a stop light where a guy in front of me was spinning like crazy and creeping forward about 2MPH, so I did what any self respecting H3 owner would do and simply used the turn lane, blowing right past him like it was a warm sunny day as far as my vehicle was concerned.

I'm loving it! My wife's not so happy though that I take her to work and she's one of the only ones there! Oh well, she has to go....can't surf **** all day from my home office deciding on how I'm gonna hit it tonight if she's over my shoulder, right?

Old 02-13-2007, 09:45 PM

I have been a LR/Jeep guy all my life - still have an '04 LR Disco II loaded, and that sits in the garage when it snows... it doesn't hold a candle to the H3...

I am not slamming Land Rovers, I love them, still have my 04, traded my 00 for the H3, so my opinion is not biased...The H3 is MUCH better in the snow, especially braking!

Old 02-13-2007, 09:52 PM

Land Rover is a FORD.

Old 02-13-2007, 10:07 PM

thats what I was thinking!!!!

Old 02-13-2007, 10:12 PM

I have removed my post - it came accross the wrong way - I love my LR, pickup and H3, the H3 by far is better in the snow and sand

Old 02-13-2007, 10:16 PM

I have removed my post - it came accross the wrong way - I love my LR, pickup and H3, the H3 by far is better in the snow and sand

[align=right]
[/align]

Old 02-13-2007, 10:18 PM

A Ford is a Ford. It's built ford tough! Range Rover only costs $80,000.00

Quick Reply: Drove home in the snow storm