PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DRL dosent come on i auto

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 09:14 AM
Default DRL dosent come on i auto

Hi!
I have a arlie H3 2006. I have a couple of small DRL lights intigrated with the turn signal light lower down in the front. My problem is that one day my DRL dosent come on i auto mode when it is bright outside. When it is dark they turn on with headlights as normal, my DRL also servers as parking light, so if I turn the light **** to parking they will turn on. I "normal" conditions my DRL comes on the moment i start the car, but the athoer day they wont. I have cheked the fuse nr 39. In the manual there was a way to turn of the auto function by turning the light **** a certain way.

Any suggestions what has happened?
/Jim

P.S Sorry for my english (I'm Swedish) itīs been a while sens i wrote, I hope you understand me anyway. D.S.

Old 02-25-2011, 10:27 AM

I have no idea what is causing your automotive problem, but your English is a whole lot better than my Swedish.

Old 02-25-2011, 12:49 PM

This may be too obvious but have you cleaned the sensor near the windshield that triggers the DRL's? If it is not a fuse problem and not the sensor, my next suggestion would be checking the wiring.

Old 02-25-2011, 02:45 PM
Banned

first, i think the dash sensor has nothing to do with drl, i think.
i think when you start,you are in auto mode and if fuse 39 is in and good,drl always come on.
i think you can sw to off to turn lites off and i know the sw will go to auto,WITHOUT CHANGING TO AUTO, till you restartor sw to on then back to auto.

i think but i am not positive of much about the sw. its mysterious, or at best,confusing.

by the way , i pulled f39 to kill drl since i dont want them. they may be required some places.
bulbs wear out faster and they are not cheap,like me!

btw,gas is about 85Ē/liter here,how about you.

you might try disconnecting the batt and shorting the cables. then clean the conn good b4 reconnecting.

good luck

Old 02-25-2011, 03:27 PM

I will try to replace the fuse even thou it doesn't look broken, can't hurt :-). If i understand it right there also is some kind of relay?

To answer your question about gas cost, I pay 13 SEK witch is about 2USD/liter :-)

Old 02-25-2011, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by H3sweden
I pay 13 SEK witch is about 2USD/liter :-)
I GUESS WE AMERICAN'S SHOULD STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT THE PRICE OF GAS!!!

Old 02-25-2011, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by drtom
first, i think the dash sensor has nothing to do with drl, i think.
Think a bit more.

When in auto mode, the sensor controls whether the DRL's or the full headlights come on. That is why the DRL's turn off and the regular lights turn on when you drive into a parking garage.

Old 02-25-2011, 06:32 PM
Banned

yeah, i think the drl will work without sensor is my point

Old 02-25-2011, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by drtom
yeah, i think the drl will work without sensor is my point
Negative! My sensor went out and the headlights/fogs were on ALL the time
H3Sweden...check your sensor by placing a flashlight onto the sensor, put truck into gear...should switch to DRL's due to the light

Last edited by airborne227; 02-25-2011 at 08:35 PM.
Old 02-25-2011, 11:16 PM

Ok, but when I bought the car the DRL was on all the time (even with headlights on) except if i manually switched it of with the light ****. But as I wrote before, my DRL are the same a my parking light so thats perhaps the reason why they could be together with the headlights. The ligthsensor works as it should, if it gets to dark the headlights and the DRL/Parking lights come on.
Could it be the DRL relay that itīs broken? Do anyone of you know where to order one online? There is a little bit tricky to get parts here in Sweden, and if one do they are really expensive.

Quick Reply: DRL dosent come on i auto