PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Double the Resale of Your Hummer or SUV

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 01:16 PM
Default Double the Resale of Your Hummer or SUV

Interesting article. This guy is cleaning up by buying these gas guzzling SUV and selling them abroad!! American ingenuity!

http://www.cnn.com/2008/LIVING/wayof...ef=mpstoryview

Old 06-12-2008, 03:05 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Double the Resale of Your Hummer or SUV

Vader, reminds me of the late 70s. During the death of the big block muscle car, you could buy up L88s, Hemis, and...the tri carb/six pack cars dirt cheap all day long. As a young punk I scooped up a loaded Buick GS stage one for a song. Insurance cost me an arm and a leg, and I didn't give a crap about all the fuel/energy crisis BS the press and government was spewing. In the 90s, if I would have kept.....more than just my oldsmobiles...., I could have made a killing time and time over.

I ain't buying the crap they are spewing this time. The bubble will burst soon and all the panic stricken masses giving away their "gas guzzelers" to jump in a death trap scooter with a windshield will never learn. Loosers and whiners.

Old 06-12-2008, 03:55 PM

ORIGINAL: Doc Olds

Vader, reminds me of the late 70s. During the death of the big block muscle car, you could buy up L88s, Hemis, and...the tri carb/six pack cars dirt cheap all day long. As a young punk I scooped up a loaded Buick GS stage one for a song. Insurance cost me an arm and a leg, and I didn't give a crap about all the fuel/energy crisis BS the press and government was spewing. In the 90s, if I would have kept.....more than just my oldsmobiles...., I could have made a killing time and time over.

I ain't buying the crap they are spewing this time. The bubble will burst soon and all the panic stricken masses giving away their "gas guzzelers" to jump in a death trap scooter with a windshield will never learn. Loosers and whiners.
But how do you really feel Doc?

Old 06-12-2008, 07:43 PM

Totally agree - my H3 is a keeper.

Old 06-12-2008, 08:17 PM
Super Moderator

All mine are keepers, hell I'm still buying

Old 06-12-2008, 08:51 PM

You ROCK, DAVID!!!!

Old 06-12-2008, 09:20 PM

I'd stock up now on low-milage SUVs, the fuel chrisis killed the muscle-car era look at them now!

Old 06-12-2008, 09:21 PM

pretty soon the SUV era will be dead and in 20-30 years big trucks/suvs will be todays musclecars!

Old 06-13-2008, 09:15 AM

I think its all about supply and demand and if you get the right market the skies the limit. I import old Land Rovers into the country and if I wanted to invest more time and effort I could sell them as fast as almost I get them in. I park them and do nothing and they sell! So I guess the same in this article. The flip side is I am keeping my H3 because if I pay 2 or 6 dollars a gallon its what I want.

Old 06-13-2008, 12:03 PM

thats cool!

Quick Reply: Double the Resale of Your Hummer or SUV