PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

door locks

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2006, 02:37 AM
Default RE: door locks

My rear doors unlock with just two taps of the key fob; however, I'm unsure if this is also true for the earlier models. Name:  4b2b921c.gif
Views: 86
Size:  275 Bytes

Old 12-22-2006, 06:04 AM

Sorry to say BigDogg, I'd have to agree with Bo, Gotta See The Dealer[:@][:@]

Old 12-22-2006, 12:42 PM

Sounds like a fnckwittery to me and I wold be dealer bound...

Old 12-22-2006, 04:33 PM

Just throwing out suggestions....

Child safety locks???... is there a "toggle" of some sort on the pass doors, that prevent you from unlocking the doors?
Have you looked at the actual door lock **** thingy to see if it moves or jerks at all when you try unlocking the doors with either the key fob, or the lock/unlock button on the driver door?
What about the lock/unlock button in the rear(the one on the pass side piller)? does that do anything?

How about the message center on the dash? Isnt there something in there about the doors locking and unlocking??

It just seems like this is something too simpleto take to the dearler for.......at least just yet... [:@]

Old 12-23-2006, 01:44 AM

ORIGINAL: otis

Just throwing out suggestions....

Child safety locks???... is there a "toggle" of some sort on the pass doors, that prevent you from unlocking the doors?
Have you looked at the actual door lock **** thingy to see if it moves or jerks at all when you try unlocking the doors with either the key fob, or the lock/unlock button on the driver door?
What about the lock/unlock button in the rear(the one on the pass side piller)? does that do anything?

How about the message center on the dash? Isnt there something in there about the doors locking and unlocking??

It just seems like this is something too simpleto take to the dearler for.......at least just yet... [:@]
everything locks with the key fob and from the door switch, even with the switch on the right rear pillar, just that nothing unlocks but the front doors, I will check the child safety in the morn when it is light outside, or off to the dealer tues morn.
I would much rather figure it out myself, than taking a chance on not having itfor a while.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1570/E657DAB72F044B549FC062903752F292.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-23-2006, 05:42 AM

Nice Pic!! Where did you see SNOW!!!???

Old 12-23-2006, 09:51 PM

ORIGINAL: HummBob

Nice Pic!! Where did you see SNOW!!!???
Camp Nelson, CA

Old 12-24-2006, 12:06 PM

BiggDogg, There is a relay that unlocks the rear doors and rear hatch/liftgate. It is located in the instument panel fuse block on the left side of the dash. There should be a label on the back side of the panel that you take off to access the fuses/relays. If not the relay is the second one down on the right side of the panel below the w/s wpr and tbc accy fuse. Check and listen to the realy as you unlock the doors and see if it clicks or exchange the relay above it (The lock relay) and see if the doors unlock then. The BCM sends a ground to the relay to unlock the rear doors and hatch/liftgate so I would trouble shoot the relay first. Hope this helps. Steve

Old 12-24-2006, 01:54 PM

Steve,
I am and I'm sure everyone else here is too, so glad you are aboard..Because your inside knowledge of the HUMMERS is so valuable to us...Please pipe in more often with your expert knowledge...That's an order damnit!

Merry Christmas Mate...

Old 12-25-2006, 06:56 PM

Thanks alot evryone for your help. but guess what.....for some reason it started working, so, there has to be a short, or a wire grounding out somewhere......if it happens again, streight to the dealership, i hate troubleshooting electrical stuff.

Quick Reply: door locks