PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Doberman or Bulldog?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 11:00 AM

My Boxer (Dozer) just passed away!! Very sad day!! My parents house feels very empty now. Couple of pics of him and a funny boxer pic

Name:  boxer.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  19.3 KB

Name:  dozer.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  23.5 KB

Name:  dozer2.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  69.3 KB

Old 03-04-2012, 12:16 PM

Boxers are great pets...great with kids and all Bullies are so comical.

Old 03-04-2012, 06:05 PM

when someone says "bulldog" i asume they are talking about an english bulldog. if so, you're talking 2 entirely different dogs from total opposite ends of the "energy" spectrum. PLEASE do more research and decide which is right for you (and which one you are right for).

i'm a (oeb) bulldog person and for me it was the right dog. however, there are different types of bulldogs to and although they all share similar physical features each breed has different traits. americans are very game and tend to be confrontational while english bullies don't usually get too riled up (unless you eat the last oreo), frenchies are much smaller and are the clowns of the dog world and oldies are the most versatile. they also are the healthiest of all bulldog breeds and trust me - he has NO trouble hopping up into my truck. does size matter? english bulldogs can tip the scale anywhere from 45 - 75 lbs where a good size frenchie wouldn't even hit 30 lbs and americans are in the 100 - 130 lb range. olde english bulldogges range from 55 - 75 lbs as a rule.

here's mine:

Home - House of Bulldogges

Old 03-05-2012, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by beltwaybob
We have two Great Danes. I wouldn't recommend them to most people but I wouldn't have anything else. They have too short of a life. I had West Highland White Terriers for over 30 years (total of 4 Westies) and they are hard to beat.

If you go for a Bulldog, choose it carefully. They have a lot of issues. infections in those skin folds and all kinds of things that seem to have bred into the Bulldog.

It's better to have loved and lost than never loved at all.

My cocker had every health problem imaginable...hips, eyes, ears, allergies, skin irritations...he was on so many regimens of meds and drops everyday plus he also needed specific foods and treats...it was a lot but nothing I'm not used to by now

Old 03-05-2012, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by zderekv
when someone says "bulldog" i asume they are talking about an english bulldog. if so, you're talking 2 entirely different dogs from total opposite ends of the "energy" spectrum. PLEASE do more research and decide which is right for you (and which one you are right for).

i'm a (oeb) bulldog person and for me it was the right dog. however, there are different types of bulldogs to and although they all share similar physical features each breed has different traits. americans are very game and tend to be confrontational while english bullies don't usually get too riled up (unless you eat the last oreo), frenchies are much smaller and are the clowns of the dog world and oldies are the most versatile. they also are the healthiest of all bulldog breeds and trust me - he has NO trouble hopping up into my truck. does size matter? english bulldogs can tip the scale anywhere from 45 - 75 lbs where a good size frenchie wouldn't even hit 30 lbs and americans are in the 100 - 130 lb range. olde english bulldogges range from 55 - 75 lbs as a rule.

here's mine:

Home - House of Bulldogges

OMG how cute!!! I heard English are better as far as companionship so thanks for the great advice, it goes along with what I have read. As cute as these pics are, how can I NOT get both?! I'd love to come home to that little face every night and snuggle up to him. Thanks for the pics, he's adorable!! I think I have the right amount of energy for either breed and I don't mind a dominant dog, I'm a bit dominant myself so I understand the need for one to 'hold it's own'. I'm the queen of my castle so I guess there's room for a king haha Do you know what's better companion wise, male or female? My cocker was a male and he was very dossile, a great lap dog, never fussy. I've had females in the past that have been less than cuddly when they were in a bad mood. Is that true for any breed or is it just a "girl" thing - despite the breed? (no wisecracks please! lol)

Old 03-05-2012, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by Rampage
My Boxer (Dozer) just passed away!! Very sad day!! My parents house feels very empty now. Couple of pics of him and a funny boxer pic

I'm not familiar with boxers but how cute is this!! Very sorry for your loss

Old 03-05-2012, 11:17 AM

in my experiences, males are generally more affectionate and outgoing where females tend to be more moody (after all, they're called bitches ). this is even more noticable after/if she has a litter. females are also "usually" messier.

the most important thing to remember when you're dealing with any bully breed is that YOU are the alfa - ALWAYS.

good luck in your search. keep us posted.