PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

detailing-- stuff I used

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 07:03 PM
Default detailing-- stuff I used

05 H2 SUT yellow 46 k miles

meguires car wash soap, I have discover the Meguires utimate compound is idiot proof and works great, if I still see swirls i use Jax wax swirl remover, I top that with the tech wax 2.0, lasts long... .... I recently re did all my black plastic trim with Forever Black, after really scubbing it with their cleaner solution and gray 3m pads. (Prep is the key to it lasting long.) removed trim that was easily removable, and used blue painters tape to carefully mask off the rocker panel trim, as new clips to reinstall it cost about $100 per side... ouch! DO NOT GET FOREVER BLACK ON YOUR PAINT!!!

(As a side note, Bondo restore black is made by forever black.. while not the same as the original forever black, it is a gel with a large sponge.... I used the original forever black to make my explorers factory gray bumpers and trim ,black, and then used the bondo gel to eliminate any streaks.... it is not made to cover gray trim, but i got it to work nicely...they look like new parts now....)

windows... i actually wax them with the tech wax... they glow... yes even done the windshield...