Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   Decision Time: TrailBlazer vs. H3 (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/decision-time-trailblazer-vs-h3-10560/)

Muddydawg75 03-09-2008 10:58 AM

RE: Decision Time: TrailBlazer vs. H3

Does your dad have the GM discount?

rhill20 03-09-2008 11:40 AM

RE: Decision Time: Trailblazer vs. H3

We originally went from a Durango Limited w/Hemi. BIG difference in power (it did have a HEMI:D). Before that we had the Mercedes ML320. I will tell you that besides the power department, I haven't regretted the decision yet. In fact, after my wife had her 06 for a year I went and traded my Brand new 07 Silverado in on my Tactical and I LOVE IT!! Especially after the snow that we just got, it really proved itself. Not once did it even try to struggle with it. The visibility is drastically different though, once you get used to it you really don't notice anymore. The lady at McDonald's told me that I looked like I was in a clubhouse the other day because my window is so small. Doesn't bother me anymore and I kind of like it.

The 06 was the LUX, wife's new 08 is a customized base model and my Tactical has the base model cloth seats in it. ALL are comfortable. Have to say though for comfort, the LUX was more than capable and was very comfy.

Try renting one from AVIS/HERTZ or somebody for a few days, much better way to get the full expierence than a test drive.

Oh, and my "lovely" ex has an 06 Trailblazer and from loading the kids into it and sneaking a look. I wouldn't even try to compare the interior. H3 wins hands down IMO.

Good Luck

Midnight Blue 03-09-2008 12:32 PM

Well I am good example coming off of5 Jimmys and Envoys for the last 12 years....now to the H3 for 2 weeks. Love the H3 looks and ride...what I miss from my Envoy (not that I am bitching - just comparison after a few weeks. Trailblazer similar to Envoy so...):
[ul][*]Steering wheel controls - H3 none[*]Seat/controls memory package - H3 none[*]A bit better mileage in Envoys[*]Better heated seats in Envoy (H3 ok but Envoy hotter faster)[*]Less shifter area space for accessories in H3[*]Reduced vision (not bad in H3 but less)[*]A bit less rear room in H3[*]A bit less power in H3[*]Seats do not go very flat (better in Envoy)[*]Read headrests do not go down in H3[/ul]
Again..the H3 rocks! People will comment how cool it is over the everyday Trailblazer!

porgy1 03-09-2008 01:33 PM

Thanks guys. Yes my dad (since he works at a chevy dealership)does get me the gm discount however when we crunch the numbers/rebates, etc.the payments for similarly equipped H3s and trailblazers are very close. This is due in part to me being able to use points on my GM card at the Hummer dealership while I can't double dip at my dad's. My dad doesn't care that I am looking at the Hummers. He realizes that I just was tossing around the possibility of trying something new after driving the same type of vehicles for the last 14 years. The vehicle is for the most part going to take me around town, work, gym, softball games, etc. but like i said i do alot of outdoors things too. As for the location, like I said, I'm concerned that any servicing of the Hummer is going to be burdensome. Right now i just drop of my chevy and get a ride to work,5 minutes away, then just pick up the vehicle right after work.So, in sum,I am hearing good things from those of you that own H3s (even though i realize I am in a hummer forum and some might be biased lol)? And especially those who have had the opportunity to drive both the H3 and TrailBlazer?

Muddydawg75 03-09-2008 02:03 PM

ORIGINAL: Midnight Blue

[ul][*]Steering wheel controls - H3 none[*]Seat/controls memory package - H3 none[*]A bit better mileage in Envoys[*]Better heated seats in Envoy (H3 ok but Envoy hotter faster)[*]Less shifter area space for accessories in H3[*]Reduced vision (not bad in H3 but less)[*]A bit less rear room in H3[*]A bit less power in H3[*]Seats do not go very flat (better in Envoy)[*]Read headrests do not go down in H3[/ul]

Should have gotten the Deuce.... it has almost all of those features...

JeepeaterH3 03-09-2008 02:10 PM

convienence---- trailblazer

reliability, ability, and coolness---- h3

NJTEX 03-09-2008 04:30 PM

You will love the H3!

3hummers 03-09-2008 04:54 PM

Got my daughter an Envoy with all the bells and whistles. After we got the H3 she is sick that she didn't consider one instead. She loves driving the H3 Alpha every chance she gets. Says she misses none of the "extra" stuff on her Envoy. I have a feeling her next vehicle will be an H3. I started off doing what you do. My wheeling was to get to a camp site no one else could get to or that fishing or hunting spot too far for most. Next thing you know you are "wheeling". I wanted the best and that led me to Hummer. Good luck with your choice.

GOFASTER 03-09-2008 04:59 PM

ORIGINAL: Midnight Blue

Well I am good example coming off of5 Jimmys and Envoys for the last 12 years....now to the H3 for 2 weeks. Love the H3 looks and ride...what I miss from my Envoy (not that I am bitching - just comparison after a few weeks. Trailblazer similar to Envoy so...):

Again..the H3 rocks! People will comment how cool it is over the everyday Trailblazer!
I agree with this post. My wife has a 2002 Trailblazer LT. It is loaded. I have a 2006 H3 with the Luxury package and the offroad package. Her TB gets almost 20 mpg while my H3 gets about 16. The TB feels like a damned race car when I drive it compared to the H3. There is more room and more convenience items in the TB, but the Hummer is way better looking and more capable offroad. I wish it had a 2 wheel drive mode like the TB. The Trailblazer can tow more, store more, and it almost turns as sharp. Go drive an H3 and maybe rent one for a few days. If you can live with poor acceleration, poor mileage, and little storage space to drive a comfortable, capable, good looking machine then do it. Ilike mine, but may sell it due to everyone out here having one. It was cool whenmine was the only one I saw everyday. Now they areeverywhere......

H3 Xman 03-09-2008 11:10 PM

Before I got my H3, I also had a Blazer! I loved it but i love my H3 alot more. Just the feel, comfort, and it feels alot safer. Take it for a test drive then i'm sure you will see what i mean!