Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   Decision Time: TrailBlazer vs. H3 (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/decision-time-trailblazer-vs-h3-10560/)

porgy1 03-09-2008 03:26 AM

Decision Time: TrailBlazer vs. H3

Hi all - new to these forums and I've been struggling with this decision for a few weeks now. I am 30, single and have driven Chevy Blazers or TrailBlazers for the last 12 years. I was thinking of trying something different but have no experience with hummers. I want to get another SUV; however I heard that the H3s arent as nice to drive as the TrailBlazers (I lease a Trail Blazer now and the lease is up in 3 weeks). I do like the look of the H3s, but wanted to get some input on what i should do?Anything would be appreciated - thank you.

671H3 03-09-2008 05:50 AM

RE: Decision Time: TrailBlazer vs. H3

I suggest you test drive the H3 first and decide from there. After test driving the H3, the wife and I decided to buy it.We never regreted it! :)

HummerKid82 03-09-2008 06:46 AM

Haven driven the parents TrailBlazer a bit, the only thing it’s got over the H3 is power. But thats a V8 TB against the I5 H3. I may never leave Hummer.

davyo 03-09-2008 07:08 AM

Having been a truck owner for my entire life, Chevys, Fords, Nissians and Toyotas, the H3is the most fun and comfortable to drive out of all of them,,,, do yourself a favor and just go test drive one, and when you do make sure and do a U turn in a H3,,, an H3 will turn on a dime like no other truck you will ever drive.

Cheers
Davyo

Trey124 03-09-2008 08:34 AM

It depends on if your ever going to drive off road. If you plan on doing any wheelin' than get the H3. The H3 isn't the best in the accelaration department but you can pass people on the highway. I'm happy about getting the H3, I can honestly say that I'll own atleast 1 Hummer for the rest of my life. Take a test drive and see if it's right for you, if you do get it, make sure you come back here and post some pics.

Muddydawg75 03-09-2008 09:45 AM

Get what you like and can afford... if you've driven the Chevy's for all those years you might not like the 3 just because it's not what you are used to....

echoing what everyone else has said.... Test drive the truck... it won't be easy to tell from just one short 2 mile romp... but do a side by side comparision.

Patches 03-09-2008 09:53 AM

I test drove both the TBSS and H3 Alpha before I plunked down my hard-earned for the Alpha. No question - the Hummer is so much more vehicle, IMHO. The TBSS is fast but the interior is very dated and the suspension feels unsettled. I felt the quality of the Hummer was also significantly better as well and the styling of the H3, personal tastenotwithstanding, is very unique and unforgettable in comparison. I still get comments every day from my friends and co-workers about how cool this vehicle is. The driving enjoyment never diminishes and I have yet to go offroad (got it just going into winter). It has also more than proven itself in inclement weather - peace of mind is there when the wife drives it in bad weather. Capability-wise, the only thing the TBSS has over the Hummer is accelation. The Alpha has a 6000 lb tow-rating and can turn on a dime. The ride of my H3 with the offroad package is very smooth and comfortable. 5yr./100K warranty also helps with the peace of mind. Also, I have scanning/tuning software I bought for my vettes that can be used with the Hummer as well, just another bonus.

I looked at everything else out there as well, including the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8, Volkswagen Touarag, Volvo XC90, Lexus RX, BMW X5, GMC Yukon, etc. ad naseum, and the value and capability of the Hummer won out for me.

The 5.3L in the Alpha can hold it's own against most comparable vehicles out there and there's always the aftermarket, which is strong for these vehicles. And remember, it's still a GM product so you're staying in the family.

SandT_H3 03-09-2008 10:16 AM

I was driving a 2004 Blazer when I went looking to upgrade to a Trailblazer. They had a H3 in the lot and my wfe asked to test drive it. Once we returned from the test drive the deal was done. We did not even continue looking. We love our H3 and plan on always owning a Hummer from hear on out. I highly recomend atleast test driving one to see for yourself.

porgy1 03-09-2008 10:28 AM

Thanks - I plan test driving one early this week. I am an outdoors guy so I will be using it on dirt roads, camping, hiking, fishing etc.; however I will not be using it truly "offroading" as you see, say, on youtube. For what I do the trailblazershave beenadequate. The price is comparable with each vehicle however where the local chevy dealership (where my dad works lol) is right up the street - the closest Hummer dealership is about an hour away. IWhile I haven't driven one yet, I have seen the insidde, seems like less visibility as a TrailBlazer, but I will have to drive to get the full effect. How well made are they - I only ask because I don't want to be running down to the shop all the time cause it's not that close. Also it seems like alot of options come standard. Are there any that don't come standard thatyou recommend I get? - I can live without a sunroof, etc. Let me know - thanks again!

alrock 03-09-2008 10:42 AM

Another thing to consider - even though the dealer is an hour away you'll tend to get much better service from Hummer dealers than Chevy dealers (no offense to your Dad).

First option to consider- are you getting the Alpha. That pretty much comes one way - loaded.

If you're getting the I5 and you are only sticking to forest road type stuff you don't need the Adventure package. I like the luxury package with leather, heated power seats, Monsoon stereo.

Get most of your accessories on aftermarket, like roof rails, etc.

Finally - do a search in this forum for this topic on options and accessories. Well discussed many times.