PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dead battery/key locked in ignition

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 02:53 AM
Default RE: Dead battery/key locked in ignition

ORIGINAL: HERHMR

1) Is this some type of security perk the H3's have with the key locking itself in the ignition when the battery is stolen or something?

2) What's the procedure for me to designate the cig outlets to default off when the key is turned off?
1) The H3 uses an electronic ignition lock that disengages when the vehicle is in park. By default it is engaged so if there is no power it stays locked and holds on to your key.

2) The easiest thing to do with your radar detector is to remove the power point plug and hard wire the detector in to a switched power supply (radio circuit etc.). Not only will this shut off the detector with the ignition switch, it also eliminates having a cord connected to the dash.

Old 12-19-2007, 12:27 AM

Just never have you batt. go dead when the front is up against the wall and you can not open the hood or get it into neutral so you can roll it away from the wall. That is a pain.

Old 12-19-2007, 09:26 AM

ORIGINAL: Steve #1

ORIGINAL: HERHMR

1) Is this some type of security perk the H3's have with the key locking itself in the ignition when the battery is stolen or something?

2) What's the procedure for me to designate the cig outlets to default off when the key is turned off?
1) The H3 uses an electronic ignition lock that disengages when the vehicle is in park. By default it is engaged so if there is no power it stays locked and holds on to your key.

2) The easiest thing to do with your radar detector is to remove the power point plug and hard wire the detector in to a switched power supply (radio circuit etc.). Not only will this shut off the detector with the ignition switch, it also eliminates having a cord connected to the dash.
Steve#1, re:#2 above, thank you so much, I will try this !!

I also thank you all for your comments and suggestions!

My New Years resolution is to make the time to be a Contributor to this forum. I am so very thankful for all the help and fun this forum has given me all year long. Oh and of course, I want to add a little bling in my avitar with that little yellow CONTRIBUTOR logo.......! ha. Oh, I mean rough and tough CONTRIBUTOR logo (for those of you who shreek at the word bling).
I will go to: HummerForums.com Contributors

Old 12-26-2012, 09:07 AM
Default key locked

the battery is dead on the H3 and the key is locked in the ignition..but so is the hood locked so i can not get it to release when i pull the handle inside. How do i get it to release that so i can get under and charge the battery?

Also is it normal when he battery is dead and the key is locked like it is that the steering wheel is not locked?

Old 12-26-2012, 10:25 AM

The hood release is a cable,it should open IF you pull the hood release.
If not ,send me an email.

Old 12-26-2012, 10:51 AM

It helps if i was not a newby at this and would look at what i was pulling so hard on. we have his and hers H3s and husband usually takes care of things but it is his that is/was acting up and he is working 12 hrs today.

If i pull on the hood handle in place of the parking brake release it works...
got the key out and it is on the charger.

Thanks and will be lurking here lots to learn more about my early Christmas present

Old 12-26-2012, 11:11 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by paula b stubblefield
It helps if i was not a newby at this and would look at what i was pulling so hard on. we have his and hers H3s and husband usually takes care of things but it is his that is/was acting up and he is working 12 hrs today.

If i pull on the hood handle in place of the parking brake release it works...
got the key out and it is on the charger.

Thanks and will be lurking here lots to learn more about my early Christmas present
It would be best if you did NOT dig up FIVE year old threads!