PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cylinder 5 misfire

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 06:17 PM

when i switched the 4th coil to the 5th one, it still missed and the code followed the bad coil (now saying the 4th one was bad)

Old 02-10-2011, 01:29 AM

thats what im gonna try doing after i put all new plugs in, switch the 5th coil to the 4th jus to see but i know im going to have to end up buying a new coil.... pretty much jus trying to lie to myself so i dont have to replace it hahao well if i have to i will

Old 12-23-2011, 10:35 PM
Angry Cylinder misfire rough idle hummer h3?

fourth time with this problem, first head replaced at 47,000 miles.
few days later after head installed; they claimed probably carbon build up...
third time, 69,000 miles tld ba wire ($900.00).
fourth, head again 81,000 however rouh odle existed bout 79,000. just a trickle n worsened.

for now parked, looking for new car. Went to heritage in freeport found out they are afiliated with Northbay cadillac buick hummer, Jagaur, that sold me the H3, n wont stand behind the first head job, n correct it.

Guesse ill tell Freeport never mind on Monday, wont do business with that entire franchise, who states/bags they been around since 1938. ok. n u do customers like that. my truck the official truck used to cart Flavor Flav around when in N.Y. All it did was break down!
From what i'm hearing one would be better off not paying 3600 for G.M. to fix this, and instead, go to motor works n get a complete remanufactured motor installed. They are putting together the motor better then g.M>, n are warrantying the motor head inluded for3 years 36,000 miles. why pay G.M. $3,600.00; n they wnt stand behind work! Motor works doing engine installed for $5,700.00.

Old 12-24-2011, 08:28 AM
Default Hummer 06

STILL DRIVING MY 06 H3, THE TRUCK SEEMS TO BE RUNNING OK. HOWEVER THAT CAN CHANGE IN 11,000 MILES BECAUSE THE HEAD PROBLEM OCCURRED WITH 21K ON H3.. THE GUYS AT THE DEALER WHERE ALRIGHT WITH ME. THE GAVE ME THE HEADS AND DID THE JOB FOR LESS THEN QUOTED. THEY KNOW IT WAS THE ENGINEERS FAULT IN THE FIRST PLACE. WORRIED ABOUT ISSUE AGAIN ! RUNNING OK HOPING FOR THE BEST

Old 12-28-2011, 08:18 AM

OK...I'm a girl that knows NOTHING about my 2008 H3 Hummer and need some advise. I bought it used 8 months ago with 32k miles. Started running rough at idle, took to dealership in Orange County, California and they told me they're replacing cylinder head (under warranty) but they charged me $350 to clean the throttle and fuel injector which they said would be necessary at 50k so just do it now while they had the engine apart. Also recommended oil change & tire rotation. Question; will new cylinder head resolve the issue for ever?

Old 12-28-2011, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by gloria60
OK...I'm a girl that knows NOTHING about my 2008 H3 Hummer and need some advise. I bought it used 8 months ago with 32k miles. Started running rough at idle, took to dealership in Orange County, California and they told me they're replacing cylinder head (under warranty) but they charged me $350 to clean the throttle and fuel injector which they said would be necessary at 50k so just do it now while they had the engine apart. Also recommended oil change & tire rotation. Question; will new cylinder head resolve the issue for ever?
Good to hear they are replacing the head under warranty.

A throttle body and fuel injector cleaning can be done for a fraction of what they are charging you. I'd shop around for prices on that work and possibly have it done by a friend or small independent shop.
A DIYer can do it for $25 or so. Taking a guess, I'd imagine you could find a small shop would likely charge less than $100.

As far as the replacement head goes, as you see in replies in this thread, some folks have had multiple problems with the head issue but that seems to be the exception rather than the norm.

Last edited by Xlr8n; 12-28-2011 at 09:45 AM.
Old 12-28-2011, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by RKSmith163
Only some 06's were PRONE to that issue. .
BS. 06-08 are all prone to that problem.

Old 12-28-2011, 04:01 PM

What is the recommended 50k maintenance for a H3 Hummer? Dealership said that would be "cleaning full injector & throttle"...is this correct information?

Old 12-28-2011, 07:53 PM

The maintenance schedule is in the fancy little book they give you in your glove compartment.

Old 12-29-2011, 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by gloria60
Hello,
They have all that apart anyway, ask them to take a look @ the injecters, and the throttle body is a joke to clean, takes 30 mins I hope this helps.

Quick Reply: Cylinder 5 misfire