PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cuts off

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 09:13 PM
Default Cuts off

When I turn my car to the right or left it cuts off while driving,if gas is not given. The gas gauge has to be to be over a 1/4 of a tank if not vehicle will not start.Has anyone ever had such a problem with there H3. I`ve had onstar do diagnostic test and nothing comes up. Help!

Old 10-06-2010, 12:19 PM

If you could provide a little more info (year of H3, motor size, mileage, modifications to the motor) etc etc etc, this would help to answer your questions

If I understand your post correctly, Your H3 "Dies" or sputters out when you make a turn (left or right) and you have to hit the gas to keep it running ---------------- If this is right, then you need to check the following:

1. Is there a check engine light on ?
2. Does this happen at "ALL" speeds ?
2. Have you serviced or changed your fuel filter lately ?
3. Unusual that the H3 won't run below 1/4 tank (might be fuel contamination)
4. Are you under any manufacturers warranty still (Dealer may cover repairs possibly)
5. H3 should easily start even when fuel gage is almost empty. This furthers the thought that something fuel related is happening to the rig.

The more detailed you are with the problem, the easier everyone can chime in and help.

Good luck

Old 10-06-2010, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Slash x
If you could provide a little more info (year of H3, motor size, mileage, modifications to the motor) etc etc etc, this would help to answer your questions

If I understand your post correctly, Your H3 "Dies" or sputters out when you make a turn (left or right) and you have to hit the gas to keep it running ---------------- If this is right, then you need to check the following:

1. Is there a check engine light on ?
2. Does this happen at "ALL" speeds ?
2. Have you serviced or changed your fuel filter lately ?
3. Unusual that the H3 won't run below 1/4 tank (might be fuel contamination)
4. Are you under any manufacturers warranty still (Dealer may cover repairs possibly)
5. H3 should easily start even when fuel gage is almost empty. This furthers the thought that something fuel related is happening to the rig.

The more detailed you are with the problem, the easier everyone can chime in and help.

Good luck
Fuel Filter is inside the tank with the fuel pump. Not a normally servicable item.

Old 10-06-2010, 10:03 PM

I have the same thing happen to my. I took it to the dealer yesterday. They said they found that it was idling low and throttle sticking. So they did a fuel system service on it. Now it run fine. Hope this will help someone.