PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corsa exhaust installed

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2014, 08:46 PM
Default Corsa exhaust installed

Pulled off the Magnaflow off due to the drone and installed the Corsa. Shes pretty quiet, still hear motor but without the resonance inside.It is 2.5 inch tubing and not 3 inch as advertised and one part of the tubing is Not Stainless and magnet sticks pretty good, not happy bout that...

Old 10-15-2014, 07:19 AM

I'm sick of my Magnaflow and the awful drone issue. I'll NEVER buy another Magnaflow product again. If I had my stock exhaust I would put it back on...

I have already added a ton of foam and dynamat to combat the problem which helped a little. I then added a exhaust resonator tube and it helped a little as well. Now I am looking at adding an extra resonator to it to try and eliminate the drone... just hate to keep throwing money at it!

You would think that a company like Magnaflow could design their product to be real world usable. Sure it sounds great outside, but driving at cruising speeds SUCKS!!

Old 10-15-2014, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by shanejackson
I'm sick of my Magnaflow and the awful drone issue. I'll NEVER buy another Magnaflow product again. If I had my stock exhaust I would put it back on...

I have already added a ton of foam and dynamat to combat the problem which helped a little. I then added a exhaust resonator tube and it helped a little as well. Now I am looking at adding an extra resonator to it to try and eliminate the drone... just hate to keep throwing money at it!

You would think that a company like Magnaflow could design their product to be real world usable. Sure it sounds great outside, but driving at cruising speeds SUCKS!!
the Corsa is just a little more noise than stock. Zero drone and I know what you mean, I was sick of the constant drone, I have a long 10 mile grade to test the Hp /speed to see how it compares , Looks great, It is 2.5 inch and they said the pipe is all stainless and if any rust they will replace it, They said some of the tubing will be magnetic even though its stainless? They did responded quickly to my calls. Auto anything has it for 1K includes ship.

Old 10-15-2014, 08:38 PM

18/8 and 304 stainless is magnetic. 316 is not. Not sure on the 400's...

Was looking at my Magnaflow today and the pipes are showing a little rust.... I thought it was all stainless... guess not.

Old 10-16-2014, 12:06 PM

Got Pics of your Corsa? I heard the GM H3 Cat-back is very nice and no Drone.

Old 10-16-2014, 12:39 PM
Super Moderator

I have had my MagnaFlow Cat Back exhaust for 7 years, first mod I did. Would never take it off.

You guys talking about drone ..... have a a much different perception than I do. My truck makes noise in the throttle, at cruise it is barely louder than stock, exactly what I was looking for.

For first time Cat back buyers, yeah I could see the confusion. Another consideration is that exhaust systems take time to break in, like 2000 miles time, before the tone mellows.

You fellas don't remember driving Big Blocks with glass pack Cherry Bombs.
Loud, drone, and all the time.

Say, any of you guys ride Harleys with straight pipes.

Old 10-16-2014, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
I have had my MagnaFlow Cat Back exhaust for 7 years, first mod I did. Would never take it off.

You guys talking about drone ..... have a a much different perception than I do. My truck makes noise in the throttle, at cruise it is barely louder than stock, exactly what I was looking for.

For first time Cat back buyers, yeah I could see the confusion. Another consideration is that exhaust systems take time to break in, like 2000 miles time, before the tone mellows.

You fellas don't remember driving Big Blocks with glass pack Cherry Bombs.
Loud, drone, and all the time.

Say, any of you guys ride Harleys with straight pipes.
20k miles and it rumbles the ear on the freeway. Mine may be a tad different as I have stainless headers and 2.5 inch high flow cat stainless forward system as well . Very hard to even have radio on without the drone, and its constant.

Old 10-16-2014, 07:39 PM

drone and loud exhaust are 2 totally different things. I like the sound of the exhaust in general. It's when it resonates starting around 1,800 rpm to around 2,200 rpm that sucks. The entire cabin is encompassed with an extremely loud hum. After 2,200rpm it mellows out and is not loud at all in the cabin. If you want to talk to passengers in that range you either let off the gas or downshift....

I added a resonator tube in hopes to eliminate the problem... it helped some but after doing more research on the issue I see I needed to make the tube longer to hit my target resonance at 2,000 rpm. I am going to extend the tube and see if it helps... if not I will pull the Magnaflow off and try and find a factory to put back on.

Old 10-17-2014, 10:14 AM

I went a different route.

I put a single inlet dual outlet (ala. Camaro) muffler on my H3. Sounds awesome. Increase in performance for sure. Threw on some nice tips. I couldn't be happier. Oh yea and No drone.