PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

convex US drivers door mirror ??

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 09:27 PM
Default convex US drivers door mirror ??

Just wondering, is there available an aftermarket replacement door mirror glass for the US drivers door, that is convex.

When the Aussie RHdrive conversion is done on the H2, as part of the compliancing they remove the convex mirror glass US passenger side [as it would be on our drivers side], replacing it with just flat glass..but I'd really like the convex glass [and anti glare] for our passenger side [your US driver's side]..
We did try to flip the mirror glass over [US passenger convex piece to Aussie passenger side housing..] as the glass size is the same..but the fixing points for the glass into the mirror housing aren't mirrored..so it won't 'snap' into place..I have googled extensively and found mirror glass company called Burco..that does indicator mirrors and so forth, but I'm wanting convex, anti-glare, like OEM etc..and not one of them stick on bubble mirrors things either..

Any help appreciated

David Down Under
Ebony 2006 H2

Old 02-14-2007, 01:33 AM
Default RE: convex US drivers door mirror ??

ORIGINAL: h2d2

Just wondering, is there available an aftermarket replacement door mirror glass for the US drivers door, that is convex.

When the Aussie RHdrive conversion is done on the H2, as part of the compliancing they remove the convex mirror glass US passenger side [as it would be on our drivers side], replacing it with just flat glass..but I'd really like the convex glass [and anti glare] for our passenger side [your US driver's side]..
We did try to flip the mirror glass over [US passenger convex piece to Aussie passenger side housing..] as the glass size is the same..but the fixing points for the glass into the mirror housing aren't mirrored..so it won't 'snap' into place..I have googled extensively and found mirror glass company called Burco..that does indicator mirrors and so forth, but I'm wanting convex, anti-glare, like OEM etc..and not one of them stick on bubble mirrors things either..

Any help appreciated

David Down Under
Ebony 2006 H2
Hey David.....How's it going with your Rig??

You HAVE to post some pics!! Show off the BLING my man!!!!

Old 02-14-2007, 07:07 PM

Oh no! Not another Blinger![8D]

Old 02-14-2007, 08:18 PM

OMG yep another one !! and Proud of it mate !!!....hmmm I feel better now..
...hey Bob still chasing a convex mirror so i don't use small Toymotors as speed bumps..The H2 was a hit at the 2007 Brisbane International Motorshow, go here and look under show stars..p3.
http://s1044.gridserver.com/motorsho...2&count=12

Old 02-14-2007, 08:35 PM

Maybe give these guys a try. They sell a range of convex replacement mirrors. If they don't make one specifically for you vehicle, perhaps you could get a larger one a get a glass shop to grind it to fit[&:]

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/pe...p;partid=14973

These guys also make custom convex mirrors

http://www.automirrorglassonly.com/c...orglass/pg6574

Old 02-14-2007, 08:43 PM

OMG yep another one !! and Proud of it mate !!!....hmmm I feel better now..
...hey Bob still chasing a convex mirror so i don't use small Toymotors as speed bumps..The H2 was a hit at the 2007 Brisbane International Motorshow, go here and look under show stars..p3.
http://s1044.gridserver.com/motorsho...2&count=12
David...Was the show B4 the Bling......Where's Your Bling????

I've got them SAVED on my computer

Old 02-15-2007, 02:56 AM

I'll need to load a couple into the gallery [I just figured out thats where you need to stick them to post them up,,,as i don't have any other sites etc where I stash the pics], so when she's all done, hopefully by the end of the month...I'll post...
I wish I got $ for every photo taken ...I could have bought at another 2 H2s by the end of the show

Hmm let the bling wars begin across the Pacific !!! just jokes

Old 02-25-2007, 03:27 AM

I have had some success with sourcing some aftermkt 'redi-cut' mirrors to suit 2006 H2 by Burco, from an internet supplier, I'll update this thread further on the outcome when I get them..part # 2948 electrochromatic fitover for US driver and # 3746 'convex' US passenger.
As the 2 mirrors are almost identical in size my intent is to try the 3746 convex mirror on your US driver side, to replace the [our] flat glass mirror..I may loose heated mirror function but as our Aussies temps never get below 2 C, and are currently 34C outside !!!, I'm not too much worried..
I'll let you guys know for reference and for other interested readers, the progress,...

Old 02-25-2007, 06:43 AM

I have had some success with sourcing some aftermkt 'redi-cut' mirrors to suit 2006 H2 by Burco, from an internet supplier, I'll update this thread further on the outcome when I get them..part # 2948 electrochromatic fitover for US driver and # 3746 'convex' US passenger.
As the 2 mirrors are almost identical in size my intent is to try the 3746 convex mirror on your US driver side, to replace the [our] flat glass mirror..I may loose heated mirror function but as our Aussies temps never get below 2 C, and are currently 34C outside !!!, I'm not too much worried..
I'll let you guys know for reference and for other interested readers, the progress,...
Cool, I'm glad you may have SOLVED your QUEST!!!Name:  grin1.gif
Views: 55
Size:  3.3 KB