PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Compressor & Tank

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 03:15 AM
Default RE: Compressor & Tank

ORIGINAL: Ghostrider

Those deflators look pretty cool!
Does the O2 tank hold enough to fill a tire??
I haven't tried it yet but it should its about the same size as the power tank that sells for about $500.00 so it should have enough air to fill all the tires up and you can run air tools also. I think I might get a portable compressor incase the tank should run out of air when I need it. I love the deflators and they are so easy to set. I have them set to stop at 20psi.

Old 12-29-2006, 12:16 PM

The best compressor to run is an old York A/C compressor. However, this is an engine driven compressor. Here is an idea for all of you interested in on board air. I used this system in my old Wrangler for over 5 years. It had more than enough power to run an impact wrench, inflate tires etc. I used an a/c compressor from a cherokee....therefore, any compressor will work.An electric compressor will work. I used a fire extinguisher for the tank. This worked great and did not take up much space. Mine was mounted under the hood. Get a pressure switch from Lowes or Home depot. Both places also have all of the necessary brass fittings. Plumb it all together. I ran two air lines...one to the front bumper and on to the rear with a quick connect. Walla!!! air at both ends. It is very easy. The key is the cfm of the compressor. The below picture shows exactly what I did.

[IMG]local://upfiles/803/15E80775017A4E25897CE9CDF2197C1F.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-29-2006, 04:19 PM

ORIGINAL: JDEORTA

I haven't tried it yet but it should its about the same size as the power tank that sells for about $500.00 so it should have enough air to fill all the tires up and you can run air tools also. I think I might get a portable compressor incase the tank should run out of air when I need it. I love the deflators and they are so easy to set. I have them set to stop at 20psi.
You might want to be careful because the powertanks use liquidCO2 which means thepressure inside is equivalent to about 3,000psiof normal air where a tank filled by a compressor maxes out at 200psi. They have a pretty sophisticated regulator system that limits the pressure to around200psi coming out of the tank.

Given that size at 200psi, I would guess you could fill maybetwo tires.

Filling the O2 tank that high might get sketchy and you will definately need a regulator...hooking 3,000psi up to a tire will probably explode something. Also, getting to 3,000 psi is another issue. If its a SCUBA style tank, 3,000psi is the reccomended fill level but you will need to be certified in order to get it filled. Im SCUBA certified and its a great idea...used it before too. You can get a tire fill adapter for your regulator system and fill probably 40 tires.

Old 12-29-2006, 05:30 PM

Yeah I have a regulator hooked up to it and is set at150psi. So a scuba tank would also work? I have one that we use for paintball and get filled for free.

Old 12-30-2006, 10:22 AM

I just saw the pepboys compressor on sale after rebate .
http://pepboys.shoplocal.com/pepboys...26StartRow%3d1. The scuba tank also sounds like a good idea.

Jim

Old 12-30-2006, 01:25 PM

Yea, I used the SCUBA tank to fill big pool toys too. It works pretty good but fills get expensive...but if you get them for free, i'd take a hike down to your SCUBA shop and get a regulator for the tank and the tire fill line.

Old 12-30-2006, 04:09 PM

I tried to get an SCBA (minus the U for underwater) Tank from some of our old ones at the FD. Some still had a few years of life left, but they had switched over to another brand, and didn't have a use for these. They would not let me have one down at the cityshops. Instead they chose to waste them all by drilling holes in them. [&:]I even lied and said I was only going to be filling it off a compressor... and it wouldn't see high pressure. (I actually planned to fill it right along with out other bottles to the 4200 psi)

But they said it was a liability etc etc and the city wanted the discarded ones destroyed. [:@]I had plenty of chances to *steal* one... but like Richard Nixon once said .. "I'm not a crook!" I still hope to get my hands on one someday. Especially since I can fill them at will for free.

Old 12-30-2006, 07:28 PM

They had a nice winch that was posted on here with a built in compressor and you could hook up you air tool to it even a nail gun etc.

Old 12-30-2006, 07:38 PM

This is cool

http://www.warn.com/powerplant.shtml

Old 12-30-2006, 09:11 PM

ORIGINAL: Ghostrider

Yea, I used the SCUBA tank to fill big pool toys too. It works pretty good but fills get expensive...but if you get them for free, i'd take a hike down to your SCUBA shop and get a regulator for the tank and the tire fill line.
I went to the scuba shop and got the tank filled, I talked to the guy about the tire fill line but I don't think e knew what I was talking about. I get the tank filled for free because I only use it for paintball and not scuba diving. the store has a website but some of it is still under construction. WWW.saguarosports.com

Quick Reply: Compressor & Tank