PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

CGS exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 11:37 AM
Default CGS exhaust

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/07-08...em310035923553

Does anyone have this cat back on there H3? If so can you provide a sound clip or atleast some info?
Thanks

Old 04-01-2008, 12:02 PM
Default RE: CGS exhaust

The tech support seems good. I emailed them for a sound clip and I had a responce in 10 minutes saying they didn't have one.

Old 04-01-2008, 06:28 PM

Not to sound like an a-hole but how much tech support are you gonna need with a muffler? It looks kinda chincy to me and for a hardly nay more you could get a gibson which mnay here like and have had great sucess with. for likea little over a hundo more you can get a magnaflow which alot of people here have had great sucess with and like. I like to thnk you get what you pay for.
I have also found that allot stuff on e-bay that isn't name brand tends to be junk so........... cavet emptor ( spelling)

Old 04-01-2008, 06:31 PM

P.S. the fact that they claim you will get 30hp outta this muffler on an H3 should tell you some thing too. Kinda like like those 10$ mod chips on e-bay that claim they will gain you 2 mpg and 30hp

Old 04-01-2008, 06:41 PM

Doesn't look like great quality to me, no name hmmmm I would think twice.

Click on the like below to hear what a Magnaflow sounds like on my H3
https://www.hummerforums.com/m_151752/tm.htm

Old 04-01-2008, 08:16 PM

Only the muffler is stainless, the rest is normal steel. I wouldn't bother.

If it's sound you want, take your truck to a muffler shop and have them retrofit a Flowmaster in place of the factory muffler. It'll be cheaper and just as good as that eBay part.

Old 04-01-2008, 08:21 PM

Read the auction carefully!
It says "mandrel-bent aluminized seamless tubing".
Not stainless tubing for exhaust, only muffler and tip are stainless.
For another $100+ you can get a proven MagnaFlow all stainless system.

Old 04-01-2008, 09:40 PM

ORIGINAL: jackk frost

Not to sound like an a-hole but how much tech support are you gonna need with a muffler? It looks kinda chincy to me and for a hardly nay more you could get a gibson which mnay here like and have had great sucess with. for likea little over a hundo more you can get a magnaflow which alot of people here have had great sucess with and like. I like to thnk you get what you pay for.
I have also found that allot stuff on e-bay that isn't name brand tends to be junk so........... cavet emptor ( spelling)
What I meant by good tech support is when I email the company CGS that makes the exhaust about info on there product they got back to me very quickly. Yes you could need tech support on a muffler say a part didn't fit or you damage part of it off-road. It is also just nice to know that when you contact a company they get back to you.

Since I'm new to this forum I'm just going to guess that when you mention a product off ebay you get slammed and talk down too. My bad. I also was thinking about getting my ecm reprogrammed from pcmforless and an air intake from Doc. Niether are name brand should I not get them. Not to sound like a @55 hole. I'm not made of money and like to do things myself and invent things myself so if I can buy a comprible product for less and help a smaller company out I will.

Old 04-01-2008, 09:45 PM

ORIGINAL: NJTEX

Only the muffler is stainless, the rest is normal steel. I wouldn't bother.

If it's sound you want, take your truck to a muffler shop and have them retrofit a Flowmaster in place of the factory muffler. It'll be cheaper and just as good as that eBay part.
I had thought about doing this. I have always liked the flowmaster sound. Is there a big difference in performance between a full cat back and just adding the Flowmaster? I put a Banks cat backon my Titan and loved it.

Old 04-01-2008, 09:53 PM

ORIGINAL: webslinger1977

ORIGINAL: jackk frost

What I meant by good tech support is when I email the company CGS that makes the exhaust about info on there product they got back to me very quickly. Yes you could need tech support on a muffler say a part didn't fit or you damage part of it off-road. It is also just nice to know that when you contact a company they get back to you.

Since I'm new to this forum I'm just going to guess that when you mention a product off ebay you get slammed and talk down too. My bad. I also was thinking about getting my ecm reprogrammed from pcmforless and an air intake from Doc. Niether are name brand should I not get them. Not to sound like a @55 hole. I'm not made of money and like to do things myself and invent things myself so if I can buy a comprible product for less and help a smaller company out I will.

Your exactly rightabout supporting small companies, but this Ebay thing to me does not look like a quality product, others have also given there opinion, by mentioning a product from ebay doesn't mean your going to get slammed, but you can't ask a question and expect to always hear what you want to, it's your decision to make.......

Quick Reply: CGS exhaust