PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cargo area spare tire mount for H3

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 11:40 PM
Default Cargo area spare tire mount for H3

I searched the forums and web but I couldn't find anything. Does anyone know if a mount is sold to store the spare tire in the cargo area of an H3? Or, has someone built a custom mount to do this? I'm looking to get the spare tire off the tail gate and the gobi roof racks with the spare mount are currently out of my price range. I would hate to have to take up the whole cargo area by just laying the tire down on the floor.

Old 02-15-2012, 05:51 AM

Well no matter what you do the spare is going to take up a considerable amount of room... Ive never seen a mount for the back of an H3... Not to mention to weight of the tire and rim would prob need to be tied into the frame/body not the plastic filler panels. However if your fairly handy I bet you could make a rack from 2x4s and ply wood that would allow you to still store things ontop of the spare... Why are you removing it from the door may I ask?

Old 02-15-2012, 05:55 AM

H3's look weird without the spare tire on the back door

Old 02-15-2012, 07:24 AM
Banned

yep,i never liked the spare tire on the trunk of a lincoln continental,but its a natural on the h3. it could only be better if mounted on the front!!

Old 02-15-2012, 08:53 AM

Dagkana, I am installing a CB radio and was looking for ideas on where to install the antenna and came across a photo album by Brickworx where they took off the spare tire and mounted a box over the vents and attached some antennas and a backup camera to it. I thought it looked really cool. They have the spare on the roof, but like I said, that just isn't an option for me right now so I was hoping there might be a cheaper option of installing the spare inside.

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners - BrickWurX Mfg.'s Album: BrickWurX Tactical H3 - Picture

Old 02-15-2012, 10:16 AM

All you gotta do is have a piece of metal bent that mounts behind the spare and you can still mount your antenna there.

I agree, any Hummer without a spare on the back just don't look right. My girlfriend spotted an H2 with no spare the other day and asked me what it was. When I told her she said that it looked like some weird station wagon.

Old 02-15-2012, 10:22 AM

unless you are not planning on using the back seat there is no way you will have any room in the cargo area

Old 02-15-2012, 04:20 PM

Well how Handy are you?
You could always get some angle iron or steel and fab up a mount that uses the roof channels to mount the spare too, a little self etching primer and some rattle can and your good to go!
But... I would still suggest keeping it on the door as a best bet option...

Old 02-15-2012, 06:00 PM

The H3R concept had the spare mounted in the cargo area, let me find some pics.

Old 02-15-2012, 06:03 PM

It also had no back seat...

Quick Reply: Cargo area spare tire mount for H3