PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

can you reprogram the lights?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2011, 04:05 AM
Default can you reprogram the lights?

Is it possible to reprogram the lighting system so that the fog lights stay on when the headlights are on highbeam? just curious.

Old 08-13-2011, 09:20 AM
rsc

sure, there are a couple of threads on it. Just place a diode (#276-1102 at Radio Shack) between the headlight and fog light relays. Use the poles at the bottom/right corners. The foglights will stay on with either hi or low beams but when switching over between the two the foglights will dim for a second before coming back which I find really annoying but at least you have a little more light on the road with hi's on.

Old 08-13-2011, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by rsc
sure, there are a couple of threads on it. Just place a diode (#276-1102 at Radio Shack) between the headlight and fog light relays. Use the poles at the bottom/right corners. The foglights will stay on with either hi or low beams but when switching over between the two the foglights will dim for a second before coming back which I find really annoying but at least you have a little more light on the road with hi's on.

Thanks man.

Old 08-13-2011, 11:34 AM

Just in case you don't know, diodes are directional so pay attention to which way it goes.

Old 08-13-2011, 12:33 PM
Banned

the foglights will dim for a second before coming back which I find really annoying
yeah, i wonder how oncoming traffic responds when i switch,hi/lo and the fogs blink,after the main lights
maybe we need to fix this so the fogs just get locked on period when lights are on.
gotta take a look at that again.
just a new spot for the diode + side?

Old 08-13-2011, 07:03 PM
Banned

it looks like moving the diode to the headlamp relay will do it.
for some reason i have mine on the hi/lo relay. gotta run now,will test this tomorrow if no rain.
"the fix"is coming!

Old 08-13-2011, 11:14 PM
Banned

my 07 svc manual shows relay 75 for hdlp but it a different pin than on the hi/lo relay. ez way looks like the hdlp fuses 40 and 41 since they are hot in hi/lo. so the diode from there to the same fog relay should do it. why did we miss this b4??

ill check Sunday

Old 08-14-2011, 07:02 AM

Keep us posted, tom!

Old 08-14-2011, 01:04 PM
Banned
Default blinkin fog "the fix"

i removed the diode connection at the hi/lo relay
i connected that end of diode to one headlamp fuse.
now,ANYTIME the headlights are on THE FOGS are on, period.
is this what u want?
the fog push button does nothing, does NOT turn fogs off.

i used a fuse eztender a friend gave me. i pulled one hdlp fuse,put it in the device.
then i added another fuse that feeds the diode.
this fuse is not needed but this looks like almost plug and play
the extender plugs into the hdlp fuse holder so the orig fuse still feeds the hdlp.

you could simply connect to the fuse by sticking the diode lead in,but this is cleaner,neat,and i just happened to have the ext laying there looking for a home!!

the fog indicator does not come on.dont know why?

tested aok,,no smoke,all fuses secure!!

Attached Thumbnails can you reprogram the lights?-fog-fixinstall.jpg   can you reprogram the lights?-fog-fix-fuse.jpg  
Old 08-14-2011, 05:56 PM
rsc

sounds good! The foglight indicator light shouldn't come on now because you bypassed the hot wire for the foglights and the switch sees open all the time, but since you are getting power from the headlights it isn't an issue (unless you think you would like to dim the foglights at some point with headlights on). Good mod, I like it!

Quick Reply: can you reprogram the lights?