PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Called my service dept today.......geez......

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 08:35 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Called my service dept today.......geez......

Hey Brandi! I just ran across this thread. I don't know why I keep missing the big threads, like Muddy's accident one

I hope they fixed it for you. There's been quite a few '06 with that problem, including mine, so if the TSB still states it doesn't affect '06, they are full of you know what.

I have never given any service people grief, but when they give you a reason to, I say go for it. If they are going to be ignorant bastards to you, then you have every right to complain. I've been lucky in that 2 of the 3 dealers in my area are the best. The other one is good also, but they always try to make me buy maintenance for things that they didn't even check They are still nice though.

Let us know what happened, and don't take crap from ignorant people. This isn't an issue of being a service rep, but an issue of being a polite decent human being. People don't have to be dik's to each other

Old 01-16-2008, 03:40 PM

Ok, just got back from the dealer......They replaced all five tires....they were severely flat spotted. The new tires are pretty good but still have a little shake in them around 70mph.....I'm sure their balancing machine is off....like most dealerships. They gave me a TPM for my spare, which should of had one.....they think they might of taken mine off for another vehicle....go figure....[:@]
They checked the steering shaft...it was loose. I also gave them all the info that is in this post.......they tightened mine up as much as they could...it only lasted for about 30 minutes and now it's back to clunking again. They also ordered the revised steering shaft. He told me it will take about five days for them to get it in, and will give me a call when it arrives....I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it does come in that time frame....and it's not backordered!!!!
Also, after Quirk did the first steering shaft replacement I noticed my h3 pulling to the right.........so my alignment was out or one of the bad tires, had a tire pull.....
Well, my H3 is defiinitely out of alignment and also needs that done, once my part comes in....hopefully it won't mess up my new tires....[:-]

AND, I forgot to mention this, but 3 days after buying my H3 Lux.....because the dealership didn't have an Alpha with the Off Road Package that I wanted.....my salesman called me and said Guess What We Have in Our Showroom????? It was exactly what I wanted to buy....Solar Flare Metallic, Nav, Off Road, Trailer Tow, Sunroof, Etc. I asked him what do you mean......? He said he didn't realize that they had this one on the Chevy lot with a few others. Now I'm pissed....they sold me what I didn't really want, but settled for, because they didn't supposed to have one. So I asked what they could do to get me into the one I originally wanted. Well, they came back to me with an offer that was crazy......[:@][:@][:@]

They said my truck was now officially used and it was worth $9500 less than what I paid for it.....they would take the inequity and add it onto the MSRP of the Alpha which was $44,840.00.....

Go figure that one!!!! That's crazy and the sales manager didn't even say hello to me.....He just ignored me and had his salesman deal with it......What bad service.

I called Hummer CA and told her what was going on, and she called and spoke to the sales manager......He said he offered what was fair and that he would like to work something out....yeah right.....maybe offer me only $8000 less for my truck!!!

My complaint is lodged with Hummer and the big wigs won't be happy when they read how I was treated...that is just totally wrong.

So my vehicle will be fixed in about one week......which is great!!! It will have all the updated steering shaft with no probs.....My question is: What do I do now....??? I have a lease with GMAC and I was told if anyone was interested in my Hummer that they could take over my lease, and it's just as easy as 1,2,3....or I need to pay off my payments, or give it back as a voluntary repo ( I don't think so!!!![:@])

Anyone out there interested in my H3 Lux?????

Old 01-16-2008, 03:48 PM
Super Moderator

Don't let this make you think this is how Hummer treats it's customers.. It's NOT.

This sounds like a very shadey dealer, and what they did seems a bit illegal, almost like bait and switch in a way, telling you they didn't have what you wanted and then saying they did? That's really bothersome.

I wouldn't settle for anything less then what you deserve. That's rediculous. Tell them if they don't take care of you that you will file a report with the BBB and also your local state's attorney's office. That will get their attention real quick. All they need is a government official calling them.

Old 01-16-2008, 04:20 PM

Hmm, that's a good idea......I didn't even call them back yet......I had enough for one day......

What state do you live in, if you don't mind me asking????

Old 01-16-2008, 05:17 PM
Super Moderator

I live in IL and work in Chicago, for a lawfirm ironically, but not an attorney

You just pick things up here and there when you are surrounded by these sorts of things. Believe me, you will get thier attention very fast if you show them you are not going to stand back and let them walk all over.

Diplomacy works better sometimes then anomosity

Old 01-16-2008, 07:11 PM

I'm kind of puzzled as to why he even bothered to call you and tell you that he DID have what you wanted after allI "kind of" work in sales, and I can tell you that word of mouth is the best (or worst in this case) of advertising. Just doesn't make any sense to me. Sorry you are having a bad expierencewith all ofthis, and likeMike said, please don'tthink this is how they all do business. My dealer is courtious and great to deal with. I sincerly hope that it all gets better for you. I hate seeing people being taken advantage of.

THINK PINK & SHOW IT IN YOUR VOTE [sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 01-16-2008, 07:50 PM

Lemon law?

Old 01-16-2008, 08:12 PM

I just got my H3 2 weeks ago. I had to adjust the torsion bars to get it to be sitting even, left to right, not front to back. Now when I hit the brakes it grabs to the right also. My alignment is off because the steering wheel is off now.

As far as the tires, as for my 33's, if you have 33's, you're not ever really going to get a tire that size to run smoothly on the road without any type of feedback. That's just my opinion though.

Old 01-16-2008, 08:41 PM

I will be calling Pape tomorrow to set up my normal service but I will also mention that tsb because my wife had mentioned to me thatshe had heard a clunk a couple times. Pape was actually very good to me when my wheel fell off last summer. They did all the repairs and even painted my grill black for me for no charge. I am down in Gorham. I will post with how they respond to me. Good luck with them.

Old 01-16-2008, 08:59 PM

Was your salesman a young kid named Mike. He was easy to deal with, the manager didn't seem too friendly. Work takes me in there from time to time and Mike is always friendly. I drive by the Pape lot every day and I cant recall ever seeing a Red Hummer out Front. They usually have the Hummers on the front line so you can see them when you come off the highway. Well I have always had good experiences with Pape and my father always bought chevy vans from there and had them serviced there and never had a problem. Actually when my tire fell off they originally said it would only take a day to fix. Then they couldn't get the parts for a few days so they got me a rental and took care of everything. Maybe you just got the idiot of the day to answer the phone when you called. It will be interesting to see their response when I tell them I have the same problem. I'm scheduling my service for a couple days after the superbowl. I dont want someone hung over working on my H3. Let me know if your down in the Portland area, I would like to see a lux pkgH3.

Quick Reply: Called my service dept today.......geez......