PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A/C H3T Alpha 2009

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2023, 11:18 AM
Default A/C H3T Alpha 2009

Always had A/C issues and now its summer in florida again. Problem my A/C stop blowimg cold when the engine heats up. The temperature gauge in the rearview mirror slowly rises to 115 and the A/C air get warmer and warmer. I had my Aamco guy replace condenser and compressor with barely some change. At night my A/C work wonderful while driving but at idle again the temperature rise and the air get warmer and warmer. Any advise?

Last edited by H3Tcanesnation; 07-23-2023 at 10:34 AM.
Old 07-26-2023, 01:09 PM
Super Moderator

Have you had the HVAC recall performed?

Old 07-26-2023, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
Have you had the HVAC recall performed?
Yes, I replaced the resistor(2019) myself. Original resistor wasnt burned but I thought it would fixed the issue.

Last edited by H3Tcanesnation; 07-26-2023 at 01:43 PM.
Old 07-26-2023, 06:01 PM

Clean the Evaporator Core/Air Temperature Sensor.

Old 07-26-2023, 08:03 PM

Could just be too hot outside. Both my 3 and 3t struggle when it is over 96°. But it’s fine below that. Same for my bmw. My brothers Toyota tundra is fine until 102

Old 07-26-2023, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by echopark
Could just be too hot outside. Both my 3 and 3t struggle when it is over 96°. But it’s fine below that. Same for my bmw. My brothers Toyota tundra is fine until 102
I hear you, but at night (cool temperature 78) AC works fine but soon as my engine heats up and im not in motion, The rearview mirror temp starts rising (118 highest ever) and the AC blows warm air. If I take it for a spin the temperature drops and the AC air gets colder. Then repeats symptoms when im sitting in idle. Im going to clean or replace this evaporator sensor and go from there. For me it just seems like my engine is getting to hot and some how its kills the AC. I’m in the medical field, do beat me up to bad if thats not possible . (Alpha doesn’t run hot though from instrument reader)

Last edited by H3Tcanesnation; 07-26-2023 at 08:52 PM.
Old 07-26-2023, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by H3Tcanesnation
I hear you, but at night (cool temperature 78) AC works fine but soon as my engine heats up and im not in motion, The rearview mirror temp starts rising (118 highest ever) and the AC blows warm air. If I take it for a spin the temperature drops and the AC air gets colder. Then repeats symptoms when im sitting in idle. Im going to clean or replace this evaporator sensor and go from there.
Awh yes. What you described here my H3T does as well to an extent. When idling in the heat the temperature outside display will go up higher than the actual temp. Say it's 88 outside it'll read 95 until I drive it then it'll come back down to the actual temp. AC doesn't cool as well in those moments too until a drive. I don't have time to actually remedy this for myself but at my mileage I would imagine it could be a failing thermostat (I've already replaced the radiator). Let us know if you do fix it!

Old 07-26-2023, 09:09 PM

Will do appreciate the help from the community

Old 07-31-2023, 12:29 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by H3Tcanesnation
I hear you, but at night (cool temperature 78) AC works fine but soon as my engine heats up and im not in motion, The rearview mirror temp starts rising (118 highest ever) and the AC blows warm air. If I take it for a spin the temperature drops and the AC air gets colder. Then repeats symptoms when im sitting in idle. Im going to clean or replace this evaporator sensor and go from there. For me it just seems like my engine is getting to hot and some how its kills the AC. I’m in the medical field, do beat me up to bad if thats not possible . (Alpha doesn’t run hot though from instrument reader)
If the PCM turned off your AC because of cooling heat your DIC would display "AC OFF". Check the pressure of refrigerant and add more to the Low side if necessary.

Old 07-31-2023, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
If the PCM turned off your AC because of cooling heat your DIC would display "AC OFF". Check the pressure of refrigerant and add more to the Low side if necessary.

I have never got the AC OFF display Doc. Just got the sensors in, Evac (15896238) & Air Ambient (25775833). Where is the Evac sensor located?

Quick Reply: A/C H3T Alpha 2009