PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A/C Blowing Hot

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 06:59 PM
Default RE: A/C Blowing Hot

Nope!!!!

Old 06-19-2008, 09:12 PM

Thanks Hummech, That's what I was thinking too, but I figured they would have replace that when I had everything else done. Good thing it was only 114 degrees today.

Old 07-03-2008, 08:07 PM

My '03 has been getting hot AC air when in stop & go traffic, parking at store, etc... Works fine driving in town &highway. My wife took H2 to local mechanic shop, I was told today it was the re-circ motor (opens and closes exterior vent)... cost of motor $275........ Install $1,000....... 10 hours R&R dash........ CHEAPER on gas quit using AC ....... NOT..... As I live in Houston, Texas.....

On a different note.....

Install Maglaflow cat-back duals & Diablo Sport Predator Programmer MPG went up 2.4 MPG, installed K&N CAI, mpg went back to 12.5.. any ideas.....

Old 07-04-2008, 11:17 PM

ORIGINAL: hummech

hey warren86, on your hummer the ECM shuts off the a/c compressor if the engine temp gets too high. when you are stopped or in stop and go traffic there is no air being pulled threw the radiator. to fix this in the past i replaced the fan clutch with a factory snow plow fan clutch which general motors recommended to me. any gm dealer can look it up and order it for you.
by the way the snow plow trucks would overheat because of the snow plow blade would restrict air flow.
hummbob on your hummer i would recalibrate the blend doors before replacing anything. a lot of times that fixed the problem. we have also had the accuators go bad and need replacing.
I took my H2 back in and asked them to check out the clutch and they said I need a new Compressor again. I just changed it at the end of last summer, but they said it is common for the GM compressors to go out. I thought it was unlikely that I would have to replace it so soon.

Anyone else had problems with compressors? All I know is that as soon as i some to an idle, my air starts blowing hot, but my temp doesn't rise at all.

Thanks guys,

jim

Old 09-27-2008, 01:05 AM

Got mine back today from the shop. Replaced re-circulate accutator ....... problem fixed...... hang meat in the back now........ Was told by tech that the compressors are frequent replacement items as well... Mine was fine though, drained, looked at oriface, recharge, oil, WORKS GREAT NOW .........YA HOOO....... Best part was HUMMER paid for it, as my H2 has been in the shop for the past two months getting very minor body panel rust repairs ...............

Old 09-27-2008, 08:23 PM

I'm not conviced this is caused by bad compressors and stuck blend doors. My money is on the BCM. My '04 started doing this (145 degrees on drivers side and 53 degrees on the passenger side) after I replaced the starter, having disconnected the positive terminal to do so. Now I've tried disconnecting & re-connecting again, but no joy, soI'm going to see if the dealer can reflash my BCM & fix it. Good luck to all. I'll let you know.