Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   Buying a new Hummer H1 Repair and Maintenance Questions (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/buying-new-hummer-h1-repair-maintenance-questions-36551/)

bobby1983 02-29-2016 08:00 PM

15 Attachment(s)
heres some pictures of the truck im thinking of buying,,,any input is appreciated

3hummers 03-01-2016 09:35 AM

Looks like a nice truck. No rust that I could spot in the pictures that you posted. Looks like some Predator add-ons.

bobby1983 03-01-2016 11:30 AM

thanks for the input,,,,if it is mechanically sound do you think im getting a good deal or paying market value?

3hummers 03-01-2016 01:29 PM

I would say that is a pretty decent deal if the truck is mechanically sound. Being a wagon I would say that the truck should bring 50K+

Ian Ward 03-01-2016 10:45 PM

I like how the Preditor pmd kit is in the wheel well next to the cooling stack where it will get the most water and mud. I think the rocks that fly out of the tires and smash the thing are good for pmds. They really like vibration. 3 out of four bolts holding anything is par for the course from preditor. If you buy a 60k truck and take it to Predator for a powertrain conversion with a duramax and a allison out of a junk pickup poorly installed (because it does not fit well -ask a x customer. ) for about 60+k. Ish. That would decrease the value to someone who knows hummers to very little(salvage value). Shop around and dont be in a hurry to buy. There are much better deals out there.

bobby1983 03-02-2016 01:55 AM

Hey Ian, are you talking about the truck I have pictured, if so what do you mean? I'm confused lol not sure what what mean by predator and pmd etc is something wrong with the truck, is it not original or undesirable? thanks

3hummers 03-02-2016 09:43 AM

It has an aftermarket heat sink and PMD located in the wheel well. The relocated PMD is a good idea but the chosen location is very poor. Heat and vibration kill the PMD. Some people really like Predator, some have not had good experiences. Some of their conversions have been problematic for the truck owners. If you read the different Hummer forums you can find threads, pro and con, and make up your own mind.
The owner of the truck could have bought the PMD relocation kit and put it their themselves. Either way it needs to be relocated again.

bobby1983 03-02-2016 10:14 AM

How much is approx cost to relocate it,,,,,how do I tell if any other parts are changed what pics could i take for forum members to help

3hummers 03-02-2016 01:36 PM

Cost to relocate is minimal. Anywhere within range of the harness but most people locate it on one of the flat surfaces inside the engine bay away from the engine. You could relocate it yourself in 10 minutes.

Ian Ward 03-02-2016 07:08 PM

I had a client use uship.com to ship a hmmwv and they were impressed with the low cost from Florida to Austin. I have no affiliation to these people whatsoever or personal experience but i got a quote to ship a hmmwv from Mobile Alabama to Austin Texas and it was $550. Don't buy a Predator truck just because it's close to you. If you're shopping for an old Chris-Craft are you gonna buy the first U-22 you fined? There are a lot of trucks for sale. I know of A couple dozen of them personally for sale. Once again don't be in hurry buy. Do your research. And yes moveing the crappy predator PMD relocate kit would be a good idea. It looked really cool there though.