PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buying An H3

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 09:33 PM
Default Buying An H3

Hello, I'm on the fence of becoming a new hummer owner and I was wondering which H3 Model was the overall best. Accounting everything. The Regular H3 Model, H3X, Alpha? And which one is the "luxury" model? Thanks a lot. An explanation if possible would be awesome. I'm trying to figure this all out, thanks.

Old 04-01-2011, 09:49 PM
Banned

i had a lux and loved it completly,leather was great and the monsoon sound is terrific. the ride was really nice,pure pleasure. 3.7 is plenty of power.
you might get some of that in other models if you need other stuff. you loose the leather in some. i miss leather in my adventure and the ride is not "lux". i got locking diffs,just for resale down the road since i dont need them. its hard to feel the difference on short drives.

i miss the lux ride.test a few.

if u dont get monsoon u will be doing some radio work and may not get as good.it has the 6 disc cd you may not need. none have direct input for ipod/mp3 etc.
love the "skylite"!

u wont regret gettin a hummer

Old 04-01-2011, 10:03 PM

Is the luxury version just luxury or is it called something else?

Old 04-01-2011, 11:40 PM

luxury is just a package. I just purchased an 06 with the lux package and the adventure package. They are kinda hard to find, but I like leather (lux package) and also wanted the additional "get me unstuck" advantage of the locking diff (adventure package). I also wanted a sunroof. Make sure that if you are gonna tow and need the 7 pin tow connector that you purchase one with the tow package. The stock tow package was designed to be more tucked away (for 4 wheelin ground clearance) than any of the aftermarket hitches (plus you get the 7pin connector in the stocker).

Old 04-02-2011, 05:18 AM

There are several Packages for the H3
1. King of the crop H3 Alpha with Lux package & Offroad
This one comes with the full leather package and the V8. If you plan to wheel it I would suggest the offroad package also but for a DD the ride is very nice in the Alpha with Lux. This one is going to be harder to find and much more expensive.

Old 04-02-2011, 11:09 AM

I have the H3 Alpha with Lux package & Off Road and its the best of both worlds. Smooth ride, tows well and will get you places off road with no worries...every thing you need in one vehicle... Good luck in your search...

Old 04-02-2011, 12:02 PM

I am not wild about leather. It's cold in the winter (heated seats help), it's hot in the summer, and on high mileage vehicles, leather wears out much quicker than cloth.
I bought an '08 H3 with the Adventure pkg, sunroof, Monsoon, 5 spd manual, and the 5 cyl. engine. It came with cloth seats and pwr windows and locks. Perfect!

Yeah the ride is a bit firm, but it handles great. I've driven it on trips as long as 5,000 miles and still loved it when I got back home.

The Adventure pkg H3 has a little more ground clearence than the others because it comes with bigger tires. Of course you can always change the tires later, if you like.

My hunting trips take me into some areas that require serious off roading. The lower ratio transfer case and the locking diff of the Adventure pkg are necessary every now and then for me. I also put a winch on it. ( Yeah, I've used that a few times, too)

There's a lot of all wheel/four wheel drive vehicles out there. Most of them get better gas mileage than a Hummer. Most of the guys driving them at least secretly wish they had a Hummer. Sux to be them.

Just my humble opinion. Actually, there's nothing humble about me. I drive a HUMMER

Old 04-02-2011, 12:19 PM

Thanks a lot for the insight everyone. I'm a 17 year-old and live in a suburb of Washington D.C. I'm not sure which one to choose yet but this certainly helps. Thanks again.

Old 04-02-2011, 04:21 PM

LMAO!!!
I wanted a hummer when I was 17 too.

Old 04-02-2011, 05:19 PM

IMO-
You want a truck to take you off road and go where few trucks can
This is the truck
You want a truck to take kids to soccer practice and the wife shopping or commuting
This not your truck, but it can do that stuff too

Quick Reply: Buying An H3