PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buttons for off-road lights

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 11:40 PM
Default Buttons for off-road lights

Does anyone know of a source for the dash buttons for the off-road lights? I don't really like the GM roof lights, but would like to get the "factory" buttons to control brush guard lights.

As well, I'd like the "GM" roof lights if they had 4 rather than 2 lamps, does anyone know when to get a "formed" roof light bar with 4 lamps?

Old 02-05-2009, 12:13 AM

i love mine, it has 4 lamps that are piaa. i installed myself and had to drill the mount holes and run the wire down the pillar and pulled the center dash console off and punched out 1 of the wholes behingd the shifter and the swith that came with it fit perfectly. connected it all up. in all took me about 2 hours but i took my time and it was very nice out when i did it and i am not at all a car genious but have done some wireing myself on the hummer and just learn, i have done almost all my installs myself and its more satisfying. heres a pic of my ride with it and a factory pic. my wife paid $800 shiped on sale 2 years ago as a fathers day gift for me so since it was my first she made it special. the factory pic is from www.ecarboutique.com $995

Attached Thumbnails Buttons for off-road lights-dscf0423%7E.jpg   Buttons for off-road lights-light-bar.jpg  
Old 02-05-2009, 07:54 AM
Super Moderator

SEARCH and you shall find all the answers weedhopper.

Aux Switches https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/s...light+switches

Old 02-05-2009, 08:13 AM

This also list the part numbers for both switches
https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=14581

Old 02-05-2009, 12:57 PM

I found the round rocker switches work well. They are a little larger than the hole so i used a unibit to open up the hole. You also need to take a small file and put a small notch in the side of the hole for a locating tab on the switch. The switch I used, I got at autozone for about
$5. It also has an LED in the top of the switch that turns on when the switch is on. The LED's comes in red or blue. I always run my own wiring. I used to do this stuff for a living.

On a secondary note to wiring.
I always use the switch to operate a relay located underhood and wire the switch to send ground to the relay. This way there is no chance of shorting out a positive wire and yes I still fuse only the + wires.

Unfortunatly LED's only work 1 way so I had to take the switch apart and turn the LED around so it would work.

I know this sounds like alot of work but I have more time and talent than money.

Last edited by hotrod; 02-05-2009 at 01:00 PM.