PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bumper Color Code

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 02:48 PM
Default RE: Bumper Color Code

Jean take a picture of what you are talking about...I'm wondering ifGM sent the overseas models with this fiberglass bumper you're talking about...Here in the States it is a painted Metal Bumper

Old 01-24-2007, 02:54 PM

I know for a fact that the bumper is metal because I bent the snot out of mine on some rocks trying to climb a hill. I couldn't make it and backed down and gouged the hell out of it going down. I'm now waiting for the rust to age so it doesn't look so obvious.

Old 01-24-2007, 03:19 PM
JM

OK, I will do it tomorrow morning ( it's night here).

Old 01-24-2007, 04:29 PM

Yup....metal for sure!

Old 01-24-2007, 05:29 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: JM

After checking I confirm that NO part of the bumper is painted.
I not plastic neither.Is fiberglass.

In my opinion, the upper part is stamped fiberglass and the lower part is polished fiber glass. they are both finished with gelcoat (like a fiberglass boat) .

The 'whitish' is not a primer but the color of the raw fiber.

Actually the whole bumper is cold MOULDED ( I think 3 mould for the rear and 2 for the front).
My guess is that you will find the gelcoat finish color to match the bumper color in any half good shipchandler.
Best gelcoat manufacturer is HEMPEL.
There are not so much color references for gelcoat so, except if the gelcoat color has been specifically made for HUMMER, you should find the exact match without so much difficulties.
Well, this is a bit odd considering the DEALER painted my bumper! When I brought it in to be re-aligned, they put a scratch in it, so they told me they had to take it off and repaint the entire thing. Maybe some are painted and some are not, or molded differently. I told them, "I though these were molded this color" and they said they are painted.

Kinda odd some people have one kind and some have another.

Old 01-26-2007, 09:21 AM
JM

Sorry guys, my lower rear bumper is as yours in metal.

The thing is that due to strange EU roads regs. they covered it with a kind of clear invisible plastic sheet. so, I thought it was fiber glass!

That' s the result when a technically incompetent fellow try to be smart

Old 01-29-2007, 03:14 AM

Dennis, I have a contact at GM and am trying to get the paint code. I certainly will post it (probably under a new post called ("Paint Code for H3 Bumper") so that everyone that needs it can get it. It may take me a while, but I hope to solve this one...

Old 07-04-2007, 12:14 AM

Has anyone run across the paint code for the H3 back bumper? I too went to the dealer and he said GM does not list the color. I've been unable to find anything using the search engines that mentions matching an H3 bumper.

thanks

Old 07-04-2007, 11:16 PM

After a bit more looking, I think I found the code for the back bumper color... http://www.gmgoodwrench.com/gmgoodwr...ibility_GM.pdf
If I am reading it correctly the code is WA501F, which at this other site http://www.tcpglobal.com/aclchip.asp...07-gm-pg06.jpg says is Dark Smoke Gray. I had noticed the OEM GM brushguard is called Smoke Gray.

Now to find someone to sell it in pen size. Actually the second site listed might, their website is having issues right now...

Old 07-21-2007, 10:18 PM

Well I got the paint last week and finally tried to touch up my bumper today. Unfortunately the paint ordered (WA501F) was NOT a match. It was darker than the bumper on my 07, perhaps 1/2 way between the bumper gray and black.

Sorry for the bad info.....

Quick Reply: Bumper Color Code