PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bummer Cracked valance

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2014, 06:47 AM
Default Bummer Cracked valance

Greetings all, We gat a break from the cold so I attacked my crazy wiper issue. I did get it all apart just fine. Sprayed out the circuit board with carb cleaner. Took the foam gasket off of it and clear silicone it back together. Works as advertised however, I cracked the valance trying to line the it back up. It was quite a task getting it over the wiper studs with the two flat mounts in the front binding against the hood seal. It has the four clips in the center area of the valance that were the problem as stated in the other posts. One in the rear appeared lined up and I pushed it down and crack!
When it come off for the windshield, the four clips are coming OFF!

Old 01-27-2014, 07:53 AM

Yeah bummer.

Old 01-27-2014, 08:29 AM

That is a bummer. You might ask a body shop about repairing it for you. They have some amazing epoxy's now days.

Old 01-27-2014, 01:44 PM

Thanks for the emotional support lol I feel better about it now. I always helps when we all agree about stuff, good or bad. It isn't too bad. The crack seals back together well. It just looks like there is a hair on the car 3"s long. I just put some clear gorilla tape over it today to keep it from growing. Yes, they do make incredible epoxy's and different glues today. Plus they are only 175 on the fleabay right now..... Always an option. It'll stay cracked for a while. Windshield guy is supposed to come tomorrow. We'll see...... it's supposed to get real cold again.

Old 01-27-2014, 07:50 PM

Yeah... they're a real pain to put back on. I had to remove mine to figure out why my monkey pee'er(washer fluid) wasn't working. Turned out that the windshield guy(Safelite) who replaced my windshield didn't connect the tubing back up when he put that cowl back on. So make sure he covers that base.