PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake Squeel on '08 H3

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 07:51 AM
Default Brake Squeel on '08 H3

I am totally stumped here. I have a brake squeel that I can't get rid of. I have replaced the shoes 3 times, every time going with a better brand. Currently it has Wagner Thermoquiet Ceramic pads on. I have tried everything to get it to stop. (brake caliper grease, brake pad grease, etc.) Even replaced the rotors. Any ideas would be appreciated. It's annoying as hell! Thanks.

Old 11-03-2011, 08:46 AM

CRC makes a product to stop brake squeal. My gf's Durango has new pads and
was squealing too. It looked like bull **** to me but it worked. You apply a rubber
like goo (hope that's not too technical) to the back of the pad and let it set
for 10 min and re-install. Been on for about 2 months, not a sound.

Go Figure

Say hi to Phil

Last edited by 23111H3; 11-03-2011 at 11:22 AM.
Old 11-03-2011, 11:16 AM

Anti squeal between the pads and shims

Old 11-03-2011, 12:34 PM

23111H3, I have that stuff on there right now. It was my last resort. I used it before on a Sport Trac and it worked great. Doesn't work in this instance though. It's actually worse. I'll say "Hi" to Phil for ya. My neighbor is the "Main Man" in the inner circle. LOL (I'm serious)

Talusfan, I have tried that also. I swear I have coated every square inch of anything that may even come close to metal on metal contact and still have the damn squeel. It's really frustrating. I have had it appart almost every weekend for over 2 years trying to get it to go away. I know my way around brakes since I used to be a machanic, but this has me stumped.

Old 11-03-2011, 04:30 PM

Hate to ask, but you obviously checked the crappy aluminum dust shield?

I had an annoying squeal on my Stock brakes and replaced the rotors w/ the newer coated GMPP rotors... No more squeal... No, I didn't do anything w/ the shield either, but it's all I got for suggestions...

Old 11-03-2011, 04:54 PM

Just a thought since you have changed the pads 3 different times. Have you checked the wheel bearings? I had a nasty squeek and it turned out to be the wheel bearing on the passenger side.

Old 11-03-2011, 06:29 PM

Dagkana, I will check the shield, but I'm pretty sure it's out of the way.

Tainter, yeah, I'm sure it's not the bearings. It is only happening when the brakes are applied.

I do appreciate the relies though. I'm up for anything right now. I'm going to go over it again in the next few days.

Old 11-03-2011, 10:31 PM

I put acdelco on mine and it does the same thing, gets quieter when it gets cooler outside, good luck

Old 11-03-2011, 11:30 PM

Front or rear? Factory pads on these work the best, they also cost the most.

Old 11-04-2011, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by stonemiser
Tainter, yeah, I'm sure it's not the bearings. It is only happening when the brakes are applied.
Mine did the same thing and I thought "has to be the pads". Then my bro who was a brake design engineer for Bosch told me how when the brake pads exert pressure on the caliper ........ blah, blah, blah. Bottom line, it was the wheel bearing and it only made the "chirp" when I applied the brakes.

I hope you figure it out. That sound drove me nuts!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Brake Squeel on '08 H3