PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Bought one!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 02:48 PM
Default RE: Bought one!!!!

THAT IS AWESOME..CONGRATS.

THANKS MUDDYDAWG..WHAT WOULD WE DO WITHOUT YOU.

Old 08-13-2007, 02:06 PM

Very nice
looks like a great buy.

i would leave it alone, i like the way it looks now.

Old 08-13-2007, 03:55 PM

I hate you!

Just kidding.

Old 08-20-2007, 12:24 PM

Hi all,

Just got home with the new toy on Fri night. It seems tobe everything the E-bay ad stated. Damon, the previous owner, has been very helpful despite some issues with the process of title transfer in KY. It seems that he never actually transferred title over while he was doing the work on upgrading the truck. He had hoped that he could just transfer the title to me and not be the middle-man (sales tax payer). I don't blame him, as I can't understand why we have to pay sales tax on vehicles sold between private parties. The original owner has already paid tax. Just my rant.... When I picked the truck up, there was more black smoke than I felt comfortable with and it seemed to run just a bit sluggish. When I tried the AC, I noticed that the ventselector didn't change the vent output. This, we figured was due to a loose vacuum line. It seemed to run fine but sluggish on the drive home. There was a mean rattle (worse than I anticipated) at about 72 mph, that seemed to ease up over 75. I also noticed that I couldn't hear the turbo. I do have great difficulty hearing pitch differentials (turbo whining and such). That's why I have such a hard time tuning a guitar. When I got home, I looked around the engine compartment and traced the vacuum lines. I found one (white) line that goes from the vac switch on the pass side down behind the alternator to the vac pump was not connected. I didn't want to remove the alternator to get access to the vac pump, so I reached the line from under the truck with 12" needle nose pliers.I was able to wiggle the line down to the hose on the pump and just get it statred in. I checked the heater controls, and wouldn't you know it, They worked fine. So I needed to take the truck for a test ride. It seemed to have more pep, less smoke, and I think I can hear the turbo. I also noticed that it seems smoother on the highway (maybe wishful thinking). One other thing that Damon told me is that he had adjusted (timed) the injector pump to run rich by turning it slightly. He wanted to make sure the new engine got enough fuel and keep it from running too lean (hot?) during the first couple hundred miles. It has about 400 miles since the new engine was insstalled. Should I bump the injector pump back? And, does anyone have a good procedure for doing this? I don't have the scan tool. I do have an obd2 reader with instant feedback capabilities. Can I use this somehow?

Thanks for any advise!!

Old 09-28-2007, 11:00 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the wonderful world of H1s. I have two, partially so I always have one to drive. LOL Just kidding...sort of. You will love the truck and learn to overlook some of the squeaks and rattles and peculiarities. Congrats on the purchase and look forward to seeing how you like driving the truck.

Old 09-29-2007, 09:07 AM

sweet,maybe you might want to put a slantback on it,still an awesome rig