PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bought H3 Yesterday! Parts Question.

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 10:41 AM
Default Bought H3 Yesterday! Parts Question.

Love the ride. Love my new Hummer 3!! I ignored Consumers reports reviews and JD Powers ratings, and bought the H 31 This is some ride! Okay, I bought it without a sunroof and chrome sidesteps and saved big $$$$$. Here's the question: I want the factory 24" x 35 1/2 actual H3 sunroof but I found out if I ordered it from the delaer, there was literally NO-ONE here in Nova Scotia thatwill install it!Thisone Glass Company guysaid they would have to peel the whole "skin" of the roof back to get the sunroofINSIDE the skin so it looks like factory (forget that). Then, I found a guy who would install a Wabashi (I think that's the name) standard power 18" x 35 1'2" sunroof with a 5 year warranty . So, is it better to take the smaller sunroof ( better than the "pop-up" roof my dealer offered)and take the warranty or does anyone know where I can get the factory, 24" sunroofand have it installed and what it would roughtly cost me? The dealer cut me cheque for $2,000.00 to do it??

Also, does anyone know of a reputableCanadianinternet site or company name that I can buy future parts for my new H3?!

Thanks a bunch

Footman

Old 10-02-2007, 10:49 AM
Default RE: Bought H3 Yesterday! Parts Question.

Hey footman. I'm in Amherst,N.S. The best place to get parts is across the border they are way cheaper. Thats where I get mine. Carroll Hummeris too expensive. I get stuff from Portland Hummer in Maine

Old 10-02-2007, 11:08 AM

Heres what I had on my old H3

Name:  hummer2006005.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  88.8 KB

Old 10-02-2007, 11:27 AM
Super Moderator

Where to get the factory sunroof installed? Hhm.....................? Eureka....the factory! What you thought you saved to somehow go around the General and have the factory sunroof aftermarket installed would benothin. See if there is an American Sunroof Co. facility anywhere near you, they were started in Michigan, and have 10 facilities now known as American Specialty Cars. They have contracted 100s of GM model sunroofs, but I don't think they are up your way. This is different than the American sunroof Corporation in California. Good luck.

Old 10-02-2007, 12:38 PM

Get the warranty - if something goes wrong (e.g. water leak runs down into your carpet and ruins the pad - an expensive and stinky problem) you want something backing it up. I've seen tons of aftermarket sunroofs have a ton of problems - ask yourself if you HAVE to have one. If you do, get the one with the warranty from a decent company. Good luck!

Old 10-02-2007, 02:17 PM

Footman--the factory sunroof opens to about 4" or 5" less when you open it, though you can go further back with a second push of the button. So, figure that 24" is too big because of sound and air issues. Your 18" option is almost what the factory sunroof open up to, so you wouldn't be losing much. Go 18" with a 5 year warranty. [/align]

Old 10-05-2007, 05:59 AM

ORIGINAL: alrock

Footman--the factory sunroof opens to about 4" or 5" less when you open it, though you can go further back with a second push of the button. So, figure that 24" is too big because of sound and air issues. Your 18" option is almost what the factory sunroof open up to, so you wouldn't be losing much. Go 18" with a 5 year warranty. [/align]
i agree

Old 10-05-2007, 05:59 AM

oh yeah.....welcome

Old 10-05-2007, 09:46 PM

GET THE WARRANTY!!! I've had a few problems with my OEM sunroof!!

BTW, Welcome and Congrats!!!

Old 10-10-2007, 06:38 PM

Thanks guys! I think I will leave the sunroof off! I like that hide in the dark, small window look and I'm happy now without it! I found parts guyIN USA but no-one seems to want to sellparts to Canada.?! I will check out Maine once again plumber and see whats up.

Love my truck and broke it in big time....dog crapped on the seat, spilt my first coffee, chocolate muffin on the seats, and loaded er up with crapola in the back to the nuts with seats down! Now I think I will go off-roading with the gang and insult some moreJeep Wranglers!!!

Footman

Thanks for the welcome!!

HUMMER all the way!

Quick Reply: Bought H3 Yesterday! Parts Question.