PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bonnet light kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 01:27 AM
Default Bonnet light kit

Has anyone seen anything like this - A bloke here in Oz can make similar to these from either Carbon Fibre or RaceGlass, But i like this model better...

http://www.hummer.com.au/gallery_full.php?id=140

id think this may add abit of heat to the engine bay ???

Old 05-18-2007, 02:07 AM
Default RE: Bonnet light kit

zenon makes them for the h2...I like the look but most here hate it...I know, I've tried convincing them

How much does he want for them....I'll send him the money tomorrow/

Thanks for any info you can get for me!!!

Old 05-18-2007, 05:08 AM

Not too sure how much he charges, but i have a friend who has helped with custom bike fairings and mouldings, he could help for sure!

Is the bonnet vent the same size on the H3 as the H2??? if not i will need to give him the measurements, He told me to forget carbon fibre at this stageas its too difficult to get as a certain boat building company on the Gold Coast has bought itALL from thesuppliers/importers. How ever there is another material he was trying to explain (went straight over my head) that he seems to think is stronger and wears less. You can probaby get it done from a fibreglasser near you. He rekons there that easy to make but if your really keen i will confirm to him but i need to confrim the full measurements for the H3 item [sm=smiley20.gif] Also if it ends up being a 1st off mould then you can choose what ever lights you want it em

He also said that the popular problem of the windscreen surrounds vibrating and warping in the sun (also common onsome trucks here in Oz)is easily fixed by making a marineglass copy as it handles the Sun exposure alot better.

Old 05-18-2007, 07:30 AM

On a Land Rover it's called a Bonnet and the other end it's called a Boot...On an HUMMER is called a HOOD and the other end a TRUNK or cargo space.[sm=proof.gif]

Cheers Mate

Old 05-18-2007, 08:27 AM

HAHA i'll remember that one.Cheers Dennis

A bonnet wasalso a post 1930's womens or babieshat[8D]

Old 05-18-2007, 09:40 AM

ORIGINAL: Dennis

On a Land Rover it's called a Bonnet and the other end it's called a Boot...On an HUMMER is called a HOOD and the other end a TRUNK or cargo space.[sm=proof.gif]

Cheers Mate
[sm=lol.gif]

Old 05-18-2007, 12:01 PM

Yeah Yeah Yanks rub it in[8D][8D][8D][8D]funny buggers

See in Oz a hood is something your throw over yourhead when it rains.... Or what the local loitering teens and punksusually haveon,in the cities (hoodies - ie Hooded jackets to cover there faces) before they stir some trouble.

And a trunk is what an elephant has or where you put your saddle and riding gear in- ie Saddle trunk.

Old 05-18-2007, 12:37 PM

Yeah I know ..terms of other places are fun to explore...for example..In the UK, to call someone on the telephone (teley)you Ring them up..to go to someones door, you Knock them up..

Old 05-19-2007, 02:26 AM

If I owned an H2 I'd get it! However, I think I would get a lower profile light so the engine hood wouldn't be so bulky and possibly a vision issue. With four lights, you could afford to get a smaller light and still have great illumination. That is really a great looking accessory!

Old 05-19-2007, 03:06 AM

Just what an H3 needs-something to block more of you vision. I already drove over my neighbors mail box, something I never ever did before. The mirror and thick windshield pillar blocked my veiw. I stopped to talk to someone and when I started moving I could not see the mail box. Now what this hood light set-up I could actually run over my neighbor.

Quick Reply: Bonnet light kit