PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Blown Away

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 12:44 PM
Default RE: Blown Away

ORIGINAL: woofpac

All from the realtime tune done by me and from the supercharger. It has got nothing to do with my built motor and i'm only running 10psi to suita stock h3motor. Call and ask me the questions.

Danny.
Then why a "built" motor, and what is "built" about it? Still curious about what headunit you are using?

Old 05-27-2008, 12:56 PM

Is all of the power improvement coming from the supercharger. I thought thatDanny's motor had been significantly rebuilt with high performance partsas well. Do you know much is coming from the engine mods and how much from the supercharger?
Good question. I would really want to know if any engine mods were done with that kinda HP increase. The torque to the flywheel then out to the wheels... 300 at the wheels? Great performance but you have to wonder what kinda strain that is putting on an engine not designed originally for that kinda power. I would worry about the crank, pistons and rods.

If no engine mods were done, at what point will you need them. If you start combining a blower, exhaust, chip, and other mods you eventually reach critical torque and something has to give. I have a friend who is a mustang enthusiast and he has been modding the heck out of his Saleen to the point he has had to replace much of the drive train to keep up with the HP he is putting out. And remember, a Saleen is already blown and modded from the factory.

If the engine/tranny/drive train on an H3 can handle the Blower with ill effect and not much more in the way of mods, it would sure be tempting.

Rob

Old 05-27-2008, 07:58 PM

Drivetrain = transmission rear end same as V8 Alpha H3 (500hp) no problem

Engine = Superior tuning no problem with detonation. Cooling or torque load that computer see. Computer will stop any abuse to motor. This is not an instant horsepower its linear horsepower.

If anyone is not happy with these answers, don't put one on.

Don't compare to Mustang 500 cause its not the same as it was built for a supercharger. Mustangs that don't come with superchargers like the Roush Mustangs come with aftermarket superchargers and they're seem not to have any problems.

There are already 6 of these superchargers on H3 that we've done in Colorado. Most of them have got over 20,000 miles on them supercharger with no issues at all. Improved gas milage, power and happy customers.

Old 05-27-2008, 08:06 PM

Here it is.

Old 05-27-2008, 08:19 PM

I will let Danny answer any tech questions you may mave as he is the one who has designed and fitted this kit to his own car, all I did was have a drive in it and was very impressed whith the performance. Like Danny said the power is smooth from the second your foot hits the accelerator pedal not a sudden rush of power like a turbo engine when it hits boost.
The engine starts just as easy as mine and idles smooth and apart from the obvious shiny things around the engine bay it looks like a stock engine, still runs a standard exhaust manifold with EGR etc and has no engine check warning lights on due to things being disconnected.

Old 05-27-2008, 08:29 PM

ORIGINAL: woofpac
Call and ask me the questions
I don't think anybody meant to get accusational or offensive with this, I believe the above quote was taken in the wrong context. Who are we to dispute your numbers? People are just expressing opinions/views/concerns. That's what the forums are about. Show your work/idea. Talk about it, and counter any misconceptions with your found facts.

Old 05-27-2008, 08:40 PM

ORIGINAL: hma03

Danny, you didn't post so I asked the questions ofstubbys, who did.

I think they are valid questions, just as your questionsof the Turbonetics sytem were valid questions to be asked.

It is early days but I have not had the troubles you forcast with the turbo, although I took your concerns on board and asked the questions. Other people do not agree with your assesment, but you might ultimately be right. Guess time will tell.

But you do seem a bit over sensitive to someone asking the questions of your setup that you asked of someone elses.

I find it strange that all the engine mods have had no effect on the performance though.If it all comes from the supercharger and the tune, then I guess it saves a lot of $'s for someone to get the listed performance, which is good.
16yrs in the performance industry designing custom modsand tuning cars and people stealing your ideas is not what you want.
Don't blame me for being this way.
My Hummer will be running at the drags this saturday the 31.05.08. I built all my cars to perform.
Rig will be running full street trim with extra seats at the third row, 22inch wheels (bling city as you describe) against my customers 300hp wrx, getting my mates to drive my c32 and c35 brabus, my 02 sti, my 600hp xr6 turbo and lastly will be my wife's R35 GTR if i finish the dyno tune by the end of the week.
I'm happy to do high 17s down the quater as the hummer weighs 2890kg at the weigh bridge. Anything lower than that will be a bonus.

www.woofpacracing.com

Old 05-27-2008, 11:37 PM

Here are a couple of photos of the Bling City Hummers.

Old 05-28-2008, 12:05 AM

Are you guys going to do weddings?????

We look for different things from our cars but that doesn't make either of us right or wrong. Just means you want to keep the chrome clean and go fast on bitumen, and I want to get dirty off road and get to places others can't. Mine won't do what yours does and yours won't do what mine will. Most importantly, each does whateach of uswant it to and at the end of the day that is what is important.

I had the turbo vs supercharger discussion with my mechanic and it was decided that the turbo was better for what I wanted. As a layman, I think the turbo vs supercharger debate is a bit like the jeep vs hummer debate and depends largely on personal preference.

Danny I hope your rig does a 16 on Saturday night because that would turn a few Jeep heads!

Old 05-28-2008, 12:35 AM

i have been asked to do a wedding and my car isn't black or blinged?

Quick Reply: Blown Away