PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Black Mountains, KY off-road trip - Date TBD

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 05:37 PM
Super Moderator
Default Black Mountains, KY off-road trip - Date TBD

Myself, Jeremy, Nick and HummerMike are trying to put a trip together to this place:

http://www.harlancountytrails.com/

Apparently the size of this place is enormous and is a real mountain range in which our little Badlands off-road park pales in comparison to. It will definitely be sometime in or after May, most likely after.

Nick and J have already been there so they are familiar with what it offers. It would be a weekend trip, so we would tentatively say Friday afternoon/night, Saturday and Sunday. Of course, you are welcome to come and go as you please. We'll all have CB's and cell phones with us.

We'll post more details and plans here. If anybody is interested, start posting your thoughts or comments. The more the merrier! (or, the more Mary's)

Old 03-27-2007, 05:50 PM
Default RE: Black Mountains, KY off-road trip - Date TBD

Yes, definitely plan on making a weekend out of it. There are some cabins to rent down there but they are not exactly a Hilton so ... you can also camp pretty much anywhere in thepark so if anyone is interested in some offroad/back country camping .. get your grove on.
I believe open fires ARE permitted with some set of guide lines or another ... the usual stuff, build a fire pit you lazy bastard!! LOL! Other than that I'm a littlelimited in my experiences down there .. JDrew would be a far better resource than me, I think he has been there more times too lol!

Old 03-27-2007, 06:11 PM
Super Moderator

This IS the place you guys were talking about correct? J said it was huge, so I'm assuming this is probably not the only off-road park in the area. I just posted the link as a reference to where it is.

Old 03-27-2007, 06:18 PM

Nope, you got it right the first time :-) There is a northern and a southern trail entrance .. I'm personally partial to the northern since it's closer LOL!

Old 03-28-2007, 05:48 AM

Look at you guys!!! All OFF-ROADIN' and ****!!!

Good for you !!!!(never catch me there!!!!!!!!)