PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best suspention leveling system?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 10:34 PM
Default Best suspention leveling system?

If I wanted to make the front the same height as the back on my 05 H2 what should I buy? I see kit's from 100-400...

Old 04-16-2008, 08:46 AM
Default RE: Best suspention leveling system?

It's not gonna ride right climbing steep hills. I mean its balance will be off. They are designed that way for a reason...
________
drug testing kit

Last edited by jaydcc69; 02-10-2011 at 11:07 AM.
Old 04-16-2008, 09:44 AM

the best way to do it is to crank the torsion bars to lift the front level, or close to level, with the rear. it may make your ride stiffer (but not by much, if you even notice at all), but that's it, there are no problems with any kind of climbs. if you do adjust the torsion bars you'll want to drive it about 100 or so miles to let it settle in, then get a front end alignment - as it will change the geometry a bit depending on how much you adjust them. i think the only reason they have the front dropped from the factory is to allow a slightly better view over the hood and provide a nice smooth ride. if the adjustments were to negatively impact the drivability of the truck they either wouldn't have made it adjustable or all the rest of us would have died or rolled our trucks by now. there are multiple threads for this, for both H2 and H3, so a little bit of searching will provide what you're looking for. i posted pics of the adjustment points in an old thread a few years ago, so if you find that you'll have all the info you need. i'm too lazy to search for it right now . . . . .

Old 04-16-2008, 10:19 AM

Oh yes there are problems climbing a steep hill. My buddy Dave did the exact same thing. He put on torsion bar offset adapters and cranked up the bars. We went offroading and he climbed a steep hill and he stopped mid way as usual but this time since he did lift it he started leaning back and the center of gravity was off and there we saw before our eyes a 2007 H3X on its roof.

________
honda domani

Old 04-16-2008, 10:25 AM

why would you stop on the middle of a climb? that's the problem, or the fact that someone used keys to increase the lift from the torsion bars. i've had mine cranked for 2 years and i've done all kinds of climbs with no problems. i didn't know the H3X was out yet, but if you're rolling backwards you've either taken on something out of your league or something too extreme for a hummer.

Old 04-16-2008, 10:32 AM

Sorry I meant H3 Lux. In the middle of the hill is a fallen tree that cannot be moved. If you dont stop anyone will flip backwards. I'll gather the photos from the event from him and post them.

I've climbed the same hill with my H1A and it's a snap - well thats a different truck altogether

________
herbalaire vaporizer

Old 04-16-2008, 11:01 AM

cognito motorsports leveling kit.

with t-bars cranked when climbing the steepest hills i have availble to me, some front end hop occured. With the whole mess of cognito parts installed, but t-bars lowered, the hop is absent and it climbs like stock. Its not a big deal, but if $$ isn't an issue I think the whole set of cognito front-end upgrades are worthwhile.

Old 04-16-2008, 06:44 PM

The front end Machanic at the Hummer Dealer ship Raised ours over an inch during its Alingment.....now it sits Level.........

I just can't figurs how to lower the Headlights now.........out of respect for the other (Small Cars) I turn off my Headlights at the stop lights........

RickLF

Old 04-17-2008, 02:35 AM

rick, there is an adjustment hole in the surround around each headlight that will adjust the level. park facing a wall and put some tape on the center of your headlight beam where it hits the wall, then put some lower where you want them to aim and make your adjustments. i don't remember what size allen wrench is used for the adjustment, but it's really simple to do.