PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Beckley WV 2007 Country Roads

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 11:31 AM
Default RE: Beckley WV 2007 Country Roads

What did you hit to smake the hitch?

Have you got your new H3 yet? I know all those scratches would get to you.

Old 06-25-2007, 11:37 AM

Looks like fun, those are some great photos!

Old 06-25-2007, 01:21 PM
Super Moderator

I have a pretty decent dent in my muffler.... it matches the one Trey would have had in his T-Case had I not found the rock first......

I found some West Virginia stowaway's today.... riding on a skid plate....

Trey, if Lynn tries to tell you I made her wash the truck....

Old 06-25-2007, 02:30 PM

Wendell, it was on the hill climb by the logging company. It was the hill climb so I couldn't see what was over the top of the hill, and I came down too hard/fast and my hitch bottomed out on a rock.On top of that I just checked the Hummer Catalog and they aren't selling the same hitch cover anymore. I'll have to see what's on Ebay. As for a new H3 I'm going to stop by the dealer and see what they'll give me for this, the scratches don't really bother me....it's the price to pay for the fun we had. But I rather have the Lux/Adv Pkg. H3 since we going to be off-roading for a long time. I'll keep you posted. Hey Stan, when your done come over and wash mine.

Old 06-25-2007, 02:49 PM
Old 06-25-2007, 04:51 PM

great pic's! I gotta try to go next time.

Old 06-25-2007, 07:20 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Trey124

Hey Stan, when your done come over and wash mine.
I took another vacation day and washed mine for 6 hours or so.... I forgot my stainless steel brush in my buddies van so I couldn't finish the tires....

Damage report.... a few scratches... most have already been claybar'd out.... worst one being the ballless ****** that keyed my ride in the hotel parking lot. I have two damaged wheels. One is scratched in the same area on every spoke... so I spun in something and hit rocks.... the other one being a decent mark. I have a decent dent in my muffler and I have one loose heat shield that is rattling.

I can't wait to see the rest of the pics you took....

Old 06-26-2007, 11:10 AM

Been washing mine all morning; I used the Turtle Wax Ice Liquid clay bar and it got out all of the scrathes on the passenger side, but the driver's side those bad looking ones I'm going to have another go at it. After lunch I'll give it another try and than I got to wax the truck all in the 90F weather. I think I'll jump into my koi pond when I'm done. Who did the videos come out?

Old 06-26-2007, 12:39 PM

ORIGINAL: Muddydawg75

ORIGINAL: Trey124

Hey Stan, when your done come over and wash mine.
I took another vacation day and washed mine for 6 hours or so.... I forgot my stainless steel brush in my buddies van so I couldn't finish the tires....

Damage report.... a few scratches... most have already been claybar'd out.... worst one being the ballless ****** that keyed my ride in the hotel parking lot. I have two damaged wheels. One is scratched in the same area on every spoke... so I spun in something and hit rocks.... the other one being a decent mark. I have a decent dent in my muffler and I have one loose heat shield that is rattling.

I can't wait to see the rest of the pics you took....
This makes me proud, another banged up Birch White :-) Got a dent in my rear hatch, had to replace rear glass (same incident as the dent), "custom" bent underbody protection the dealer beat in to submission for me, 4 matching scratched up rims, scratches going down the roof, custom pin striping on all body panels, hood included, big blackish brownscuff mark on passanger front AND rear door+pillar (same scuff and it won't come out lol), front skid plate is a bit mangled, minor dent in front above the skid plate (damn puddle was a bit deeper than expected lol) and I left my front license plate in a mud pit out at Haspin Acres ... I THINK that about covers my offroad damages ...LOL!

Very sorry to hear some donkey keyed you in the parking lot .. that's f*cking wrong ...

Where you at anyways Muddy? I figure somewhat close consider WV trip. You ever make it to Haspin by any chance!?!?!

Old 06-26-2007, 04:09 PM

Hey Trey,
So you were able to get some of those scratches out? I started on mine but it is so hot and humid here that I have not got very far. I have a Porter-Cable buffer and used that on two doors. One looks pretty good but the other has not come around yet. I plan on spending the weekend on it and hitting it hard.

I am also considering going to the event at the Homestead. At first, I thought the dates were conflicting with other plans, but it looks like we can make it. I think you said, you had other plans. I emailed for more info on it since they do not have anything on the club site yet.

W-

Quick Reply: Beckley WV 2007 Country Roads