PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Avic-F900BT, Keep rear radio controls?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 05:32 PM
Default Avic-F900BT, Keep rear radio controls?

Hello, I'm new to the hummer world and would like to know somethings about this vechile.

I've searched through out the internet to no avail. I'm trying to locate some information for the 2005 H2. I've recently put in a Avic-F900BT, and the rear radio controls stopped working. I've looked online to see if there is something that I could connect to make it work again, but I haven't had any success.

I have childern and they like to listen to something different while I drive, so I would like to know if anyone had any suggestions.

In the install I used:
Pio Avic-F900BT - Dvd/Nav/Blueotooth/7" screen
MET 99-2003 - Double Din Dash Kit from Metra
MET GMOS04 - Wiring adapter to keep the chimes and my onstar.

Also, I wanted to see if anyone could give mea good mounting location for a back-up camera, I saw some that were the license plate holder, and then I saw some that went into the hitch but I have a boat which comes out with me almost every weekend.

Thanks in advance for the information / help!!

Old 09-16-2008, 08:15 PM
Default RE: Avic-F900BT, Keep rear radio controls?

i dont no if theres any thing u can hook up to make the back controlls work again.i recomend u just put your old system back in and give the the avic to me for my h3 since i dont have rear controlls.

Old 09-26-2008, 08:23 PM

I installed the F90BT with the same kit and gmos04 adapter. I also installed the PAC swi-ps steering wheel adapter. Did you use one of those??? I assume so.

I havent tried the rear seat controls since install but will try them tonight or tomorrow.

Old 09-27-2008, 01:26 PM

I tried my rear controls and they dont even light. So they must have gotten power from a plug on the radio. I didnt see any extra plugs when I was helping my installer. So I am not sure where else this would be connected.

Old 11-27-2008, 09:21 PM

How do you guys like this system? Just wondering how nice the interface was like touch control, iPOD controls and things of that nature?

I was looking at it and just havent taken the plunge on replacing. I know you need GM's adapter to keep the door chime and things like that. I wanted to confirm if the steering wheel controls did remain working, not so much worried about rear controls but would be good to know.

Also for the person who helped their installer did you use the factory antenna or did you need to use the one that came with the new Nav system? Also was wondering about the speaker\mic with the system, does it integrate with the onstar or do you need to also mount the included mic with the system as well?

Do either of you subscribe to the MSN direct? If so how is the service?

Old 11-27-2008, 10:06 PM

ORIGINAL: kinney

How do you guys like this system? Just wondering how nice the interface was like touch control, iPOD controls and things of that nature?

I was looking at it and just havent taken the plunge on replacing. I know you need GM's adapter to keep the door chime and things like that. I wanted to confirm if the steering wheel controls did remain working, not so much worried about rear controls but would be good to know.

Also for the person who helped their installer did you use the factory antenna or did you need to use the one that came with the new Nav system? Also was wondering about the speaker\mic with the system, does it integrate with the onstar or do you need to also mount the included mic with the system as well?

Do either of you subscribe to the MSN direct? If so how is the service?

I love the 90BT. The touch screen is great. And they just put out a new firmware/software upgrade which fixed some of the issues that the radio had before. So it is really very good now. You can play ipod music and videos, dvd, cd, mp3 cd, music from sd card or from usb flash drive. It is a very feature rich radio.

You do need the gmos04 adapter. You will also need a Antenna adapter as the fm/am antenna is apparently different than the plug on the new radio.

I used one of the PAC steering wheel control modules to keep the controls active. They do not work without the module.

You have to use the radios nav antenna. I dont think the factory one adapts assuming there is one for the onstar even if the truck didnt come with nav from the factory. Mic is the same thing. You have to use the radios mic. I mounted mine on the sun visor.

I didnt subscribe to the MSN service. Cant help you there.