PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Auto kicks down to easy on highway on cruise ..

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2011, 06:44 AM
Default Auto kicks down to easy on highway on cruise ..

Hey everyone,

Just got myself a 2007 H3 (in Australia), and it has 24" rims on it so the rpm / speed ratio has changed slightly ... and when cruising on the highway around 115 - 120 kmh (around 70 - 75mph?) with cruise control on, it shifts out of top gear all the time even sometimes on flat highway ... so the rpm goes from 2400 ish to over 3k .. and this shifts like this non stop ...

So ... does anyone know if the transmissions are able to be adjusted so it dosnt shift out of top gear as easy? If I turn cruise off and just drive with my foot I can easily keep it in top gear and it dosnt shift back.

Also I have never been in a car that attracts so much attention ... I cant beleive how many people turn and look at this thing ... you can even see people elbow nudging there buddys as ya drive past to make them look LOL, I have a very low black Benz with big wheels and limo tint and I thought that got some attention but it has NUTHING compared to this new black beast! Im loving it!

Look forward to any replys

thanx guys

Chad

Old 08-28-2011, 08:08 AM
Banned

cruise,just guessing, with the tire size it may be "on the edge" and cruise is a little quicker to respond than a soft foot!

the attention, im betting you dont see 2-3 hummers a day there like here in a small town.
it seems like theres a lot of h3,h2 around here,"mite"

hey how bout a pix with a kangaroo huh!!

Old 08-28-2011, 08:41 AM

Mine will do that while towing our boat or atv's so I tend not to use cruise. Have you used a GPS to see what your actual speed is while your at 70-75? I wonder what your actual speed is and if your hovering over the tranny's shift point?

Your right, people either love or hate them. There seems to be no in between. I always enjoy the uninformed tree huggers who bring up the mpg crap. Or the envious who try to bring you down because they think your rich hahaha.

Old 08-29-2011, 03:29 AM

Lol a pic of a roo with me Hummer, that cracked me up. I live on an acreage and i have packs of Roos running off my driveway everyday lol so I might just be able to do it haha!

Yah I have had a GPS in the car and it's about 15kmh (about 11 mph?) out at highway speed. I was just wondering if maybe the dealerships handheld computer may be able to alter how much throttle it takes before it kicks back.

Also we only got H3s for 3 years here in Australia ... and you guys will freak at how much there worth here ... a 2007 with say 20k miles pulls around $50k ... also my small country town only has maybe 1 other H3 within a 500 mile radious, so when people see it they really look lol

I might call the dealership and see if they know if it can be adjusted ... coz I like cruise and it's annoying with it constantly kicking back ...

Thanx for your time guys, chat to yas later.

Chad

Last edited by Chad; 08-29-2011 at 11:11 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-29-2011, 07:50 AM
Banned

I live on an average
hey,some of us here dummys dont know an "averags" ither. maybe u can lern us propah english!!

$50000 and they took your guns,,,how do you protect it?

Old 08-29-2011, 08:37 AM

Let me know what they're getting for an '08 Alpha with 20k miles, and I'll get it ready to ship!

Old 08-29-2011, 08:45 AM
Banned

yeah,double ure money and visit a GOOD country!!

put 'nother shrimp on tha barbi for us mite!

Old 08-29-2011, 10:02 AM

Hear that (Broken Halo)

Old 08-29-2011, 11:10 PM

hahaha you guys are to much! That was meant to say acreage not average .. i hate that auto correct lol

Yah unfortunately we have to drive on the opposite side of the road here so that means our car prices must triple? Dont ask me how or why they just are ... and if you like the car well you cant really do much but suck it up and pay the big bucks

Shrimps are cooking fellas, come on over anytime lol

Anyway here is a pic of the old gurl, I only just got it so dont really have any cool pics yet ... and il try and get a snap shot of it with a roo hahaha!

Take care guys

Chad

Old 08-29-2011, 11:13 PM

Also keep an eye out for a supercharger kit ... id love to grab a bargain on a low mile used unit if I could ..

and I gotta buy a few chrome bits ... not to much ... just maybe the gas cap and maybe rear pillars ... dont want to go over board

Quick Reply: Auto kicks down to easy on highway on cruise ..