PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Asking for help in Houston on Saturday will pay $$

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 03:06 PM
Default Asking for help in Houston on Saturday will pay $$

As noted in other thread, I am looking at a 1998 H1 Wagon in Houston.
This is at a dealer and easy to find on another site.
I have been researching and learning and know what i am getting into......However, for sure I am an eager rookie.

Question: Is someone more knowledgable than me on the forums here in Houston area willing to meet me to inspect/drive/give recommendation on the H1. Would be late morning/early afternoon on Saturday 2/25/12. I would be willing to pay for the help.

My email is: mseanwilson@hotmail.com

Appreciate the help.
Mark

Old 02-23-2012, 03:08 PM

Hope someone steps up and helps ya out... Good luck on your purchase..

Old 02-25-2012, 11:08 PM

Man I wish I had seen this sooner. I am in Houston and would have loved to help out. Hope it went well. It's always good to have a second set of eyes on something. Good luck

Old 02-26-2012, 09:21 AM

Well, the H1 Wagon...had been out for repairs for replacement heater core. It was supposed to be back Fri evening/Sat am. I started heading that way and finally was able to reach the sales manager who said would be back Monday, now.....so I turned around and came home.
I appreciate (5 Fans) offering and would love for u to give a 2nd opinion for me. There hadnt been a lot of response to original post, but it was kind of short notice.
My plan now is to pay a deposit (contingent on PPI not finding anything significant)....they may not like the PPI idea but I think is best...
Apparently, there is an H1 mechanic out of Ron Carter dealership...hoping they will agree to let him do PPI.

Anyone know of other H1 mechanics that could do the PPI for me?

Really appreciate the help.....ready to buy, just want to get a good one to start of with and not make expensive wrong decision.
Thanks
Mark

Old 02-28-2012, 08:03 PM

Definitely have someone check it out. I bought one online and when I got it delivered, it had some funny throttle response at higher revs. Ended up spending about 3K to fix all the stuff wrong with it, both minor and major

Old 02-28-2012, 11:51 PM
Super Moderator

Mark, I am in and out of Houston but don't expect to be there for several more weeks. I would be happy to check out a truck for you if I am in town.

Old 02-29-2012, 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by joenuzz
Definitely have someone check it out. I bought one online and when I got it delivered, it had some funny throttle response at higher revs. Ended up spending about 3K to fix all the stuff wrong with it, both minor and major
Indeed, made that mistake once before
Thanks

Old 02-29-2012, 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by 3hummers
Mark, I am in and out of Houston but don't expect to be there for several more weeks. I would be happy to check out a truck for you if I am in town.
Very much appreciate that.
They have been a little hard to deal with even after came to a tentative deal pending inspection. Wont respond to emails/calls. So, not sure what will happen with that one......working on others...
Thanks so much
Mark

Old 02-29-2012, 09:54 PM

I'd def have 3HUMMER's take a look at anything you want to buy, maybe even have a chat so you know what to look for.
On the other hand, if it's a nice enough 1, he'll probably buy the damn thing and tell you it was junk to cover his tracks!

Old 02-29-2012, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by twinmill28
I'd def have 3HUMMER's take a look at anything you want to buy, maybe even have a chat so you know what to look for.
On the other hand, if it's a nice enough 1, he'll probably buy the damn thing and tell you it was junk to cover his tracks!
Lol.
Good plan.
Would he have to change name to 4hummers....lol
mark

Quick Reply: Asking for help in Houston on Saturday will pay $$